Share What Phone You Have

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kryarias, Jul 12, 2018.

1. ZTE Axon 7
    Nice Phone
    Not found in Stores anymore in the U.S.
    Best budget phone, outlasted most of my previous phones
    That being said most of my previous phones were outdated by 3-7 years
    Kryarias likes this.
  2. Why do you think there are a lot of players without a mobile phone? I think there are very few, especially on the forums, but in-game too.
    That's understandable, if you're using Apple. :rolleyes: Although to be honest, my iPad still works, and it was last repaired 2 years ago, I think, and I got it almost 5 years ago... It isn't jailbroken either, and I'm still able to use it fairly well. I'm often hating on Apple, but they're not that bad. :p
    TomvanWijnen and Kryarias like this.
  3. I have the google pixel and it is my favourite phone which I have owned, it genuinely surprises me a lot of the times with what it could do.

The camera is brilliant and handles well with stability and produces a nice image.

The battery life is decent but I think I've shortend it a bit with my extended use however it charges really fast which is a plus.

I also have the beta OS meaning I get to see and test the new features of the phone before they are released to everyone else.

It can also handle VR and AR pretty well with the google cardboard which is great fun.

It is quite expensive but worth it for me as I use it too much.

I went to another country so I inputted that into my calendar and other info and then on the day of the flight my phone told me how far away the terminal is and when I should leave to get there 2 hours before my flight, it told me my gate number and time of flight and any delays. I never even asked my phone to do this but it did it anyway and I love it (you can turn it off if wanted)

I was thinking the same but I use wireless headphones anyway so I might upgrade.
    xxcapmanxx, Kryarias, _BRZ and 2 others like this.

4. I have the same and I love the camera. It is amazing
    Kryarias likes this.
  5. I'mma hop on this pixel 2 train. I switched from an iPhone 6 to a pixel 2 and I'll never look back. Battery life, picture qualtity, all of little touches here and then like auto turn on wifi when you're at a wifi spot you're at often and many others. 10/10 would buy again
    Kryarias likes this.
  6. I have an iPhone X. I do not like it.

The phone itself is like a (fragile) brick. It’s so heavy. I have one of the Apple cases on it and it’s very sleek and smooth, but I hate the size of the screen. It’s so long and awkward. It breaks so easily too. I had it for a day without a screen protector and I put this massive hairline scratch across the front. It’s my fault, but still quite concerning because I did still have a bulky case on it.

Not to mention FaceID barely works. It won’t pick up my face if I have sunglasses on, and I live in summer all year Long.

The camera isn’t great either. I expected it to be really good because the phone itself regularly costs $1,200, which is nearly the price of a camera. Might be even more expensive than some.

Not to mention, what even is 3D Touch?

I got it because I got it for 50% off, but honestly I like the iPhone 8+ so much better. I know I sound like a brat, and I really do appreciate being able to have new technology like this, but if you’re thinking about it, I suggest you wait until the next series releases. I am Honking about switching over to google, but I’m not quite ready to change OS yet.
    xxcapmanxx and Kryarias like this.
  7. An iPhone can do a whole lot more than a camera can, though. :p

It detects how hard the screen is pressed. On most touch screens, on any given place it can only be detected whether it is touched by something finger-like (or stylus-like on most) or it isn't. On touch screens with 3D touch, it also knows whether you're tapping it, pressing it, or pushing it.
    It's cool technology, but I honestly can't think of too many useful implementations. It could be really nice for piano and drawing applications, though!
    Kryarias likes this.
  8. I have a LG G5. It had a great camera before I dropped it and broke the lense. After I replaced it, it hasn't been as good. The battery and speed was okay when new. Now it last about 4 hours of continuous use about 6 hours idle. Almost time for a new phone
    Kryarias likes this.
  9. My uncle works at Apple in Cupertino so "Samsung" and "Android" are forbidden words :p
    edit: unless if you prefix them with "I hate"
    BenMA and Kryarias like this.
  10. lol wow all of my family has samsungs
    Kryarias likes this.
  11. For my uncle, it's the opposite. The school his kids wanted to go to is also the school I went to. It's a school that requires the parents to acquire an iPad for their kid. It took a while before my uncle would allow them to go to that school. Now they've got a ruling though, that the iPads may only be used for school, and must be hidden for his eyes (so if they have to do homework they'll have to do it somewhere he isn't around).
    I wonder if our uncles would get along. :p
    Kryarias likes this.
  12. Probably not. Also, why do they have to get iPads? That's weird. They just give us paper & pencil at my school. And some assignments that require a computer (like Googling something) but otherwise they're all paper-pencil assignments. Anyway, the thread should probably get back on track about phones :p
    607 and Kryarias like this.
  13. Moto X....first generation. It was never that great and is finally starting to lose battery life. Time to replace it, I guess.

I miss having a land line...
    OriginalScuf and Kryarias like this.
  14. I personally have two phones that are active as of right now. The first phone is my iPhoneX and I mainly use it for work only because it hooks up with my MacBook Pro. My second phone that I use is a Royale Razar phone. I mainly just use this phone for family/games/etc...
    JesusPower2 and Kryarias like this.
  15. What's a land line? :p
    ChumMiner and Kryarias like this.

16. Aka a normal telephone as opposed to a mobile one.
    Jadziaa, xGGirlx, Bosoc and 1 other person like this.
  17. Yeah, I thought so, I guess that's what that redundant so-called 'splitter' is for. It's not splitting anything nowadays, though. :p
    Kryarias likes this.
  18. ah yes, a fellow man of culture i see
    Kryarias likes this.
  19. Been using the iPhone SE since it came out. Not going to change anytime soon.
    Kryarias and Tuqueque like this.