[Service] SF Hotels

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by SteamingFire, May 25, 2021.

1. THE SF HOTELS HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN.
    All hotels have been cleared.
    ---
    Want to live on a different smp but don't have an extra res? Want to meet new neighbors? Want it to be affordable? Come be a resident of the SF Hotels!

All of these hotels are one-time payment, permanent stay*! All hotels are permanent derelict protected! Come join our residents!
    *see hotel rules for details

Reader's Resort (CLEARED)
    smp1 /v +resort, teleport tree to your left
    A resort for those who love reading. Includes a Reading Tree in the center.

Skyview Suite (CLEARED)
    smp3 /v +skyview
    A traditional rich-man's suite. Includes a buffet, bar, conference rooms, pool, jacuzzi, campfire grill and free drinks.

Cube Pavilion (CLEARED)
    utopia /v +cube
    Many cubes and cube-ish rooms for sale. Utopia-sub-plot purchase, great for non-supporters and supporters alike.

Rainbow Swirl (CLEARED)
    smp4 /v +rainbow
    A swirl resembling ice cream. Includes an ice cream shop, public honey farm, and pet spa.

Hotel Hourglass (CLEARED)
    smp8 /v +hourglass
    A hotel shaped as an hourglass. Includes free food and a mini-library.

TreeHouse Apartment (CLEARED)
    utopia /v +treehouse
    An apartment with leaf-shaped rooms. Includes board games, races, and other recreation.

If you want any rooms in any hotel, feel free to reply to the specific thread or to this thread, or contact SteamingFire!
    Note: If SteamingFire isn't replying to PMs or threads, it is best to contact her via forum messaging, as that is linked to her email.

---
    Discontinued hotels:
    Gray Morals (Cleared)
    smp2 /v +gray
    Uncomfortable rooms. Don't say that I didn't warn you.
  2. A 6th hotel, Gray Morals, has been added!
    EnderGirlPlayzz likes this.
  3. Skyview Suite is under construction. It will be a more modern hotel that looks like a real hotel for rich people. It will include a lounge, conference room, bar, pool, and jacuzzi.
  4. Notice: Someone is threatening to have all of my hotels banned and torn down due to a rule about not being allowed to sell perms. I want to note that EMC moderators live in my hotels, and SS have done services for my hotels, so I believe that it won't be a problem. However, it is important that I note this possible change here.

Edit: Problem has been resolved. Hotels will remain as is.
    liamwill likes this.
  5. Not sure what this means.. if its some type if threat/ extortion, I’d get SS involved
  6. Staff have been made aware of these concerns and are investigating at this time.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. Just for the record I never threatened you or told you to tear down / ban your hotels. I simply said you were breaking a rule as seen here in the rules.emc.gs page
    • Do not sell residence permissions without unclaiming the residence.
      • You may not sell individual perms to a residence, such as allowing people to have access to move, build, use, container, etc in exchange for Rupees. Selling access to certain rooms of a build, as in a hotel or farm, is allowed. However, you must make it clear to the buyer that they are purchasing access signs to that room and not to residence Flags.
  8. From what I'm gathering from the individual hotel threads, res perms/flags are being sold based on this,
    "10) I give you +admin perms in the subzone in that room and you decorate."
    , which would not be allowed per the rules.

Sefl and liamwill like this.
  9. SS have cleared me to continue running my hotels as is, at least until potential rule changes with the 1.17 update.
    I celebrated with one day of free Cube Pavilion rooms, and it was a small party.
    The grand opening of Skyview Suite has been cancelled. See the event thread for the reason. Also, due to what happened to the grand opening, I added onto the theme of Skyview Suite, effectively changing how it will be run and organized. Skyview Suite will also be my last hotel, 7 hotels total.
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  10. This is going to sound really harsh.

But I always seem to read - on different threads - that you will be quitting soon.

Why are you threatening to quit all the time? Usually one would just quit rather than say they would.
    liamwill and Burki like this.
  11. It's not a threat, it's merely a heads-up.

Edit: It's for the benefit of anyone whose stay in the hotels hinges on my activities.
    Edit: However, seeing as I fail to quit every time, I've stopped advertising my parties as "quitting parties" and now simply call them "giveaways".
  12. Skyview Suite's rooftop grills are now always available. Free to take raw meat from the barrels and cook them on the campfire grills :D
  13. Attention all residents of Hotel Hourglass, TreeHouse Apartment, and Rainbow Swirl: I have been gifted Gold Supporter, which means that you can all change your room res messages for 30 days. Happy holidays.
  14. Updated the thread.
    Make sure that if you're a resident in a hotel, that you are following both this overarching thread as well as the specific thread for your hotel to see all updates.
    Skyview Suite might end up getting its own thread.
  15. In a week or so, there will be a change to the SF Hotels.
    I wanted the hotels to be permanent stay forever, no matter how long gone you were from EMC. However, it appears that this is impractical because people are buying rooms, not building anything, and then leaving EMC for months at a time and forgetting about their hotel rooms. So, a new rule will be implemented soon for both current and future residents.

As long as you log in at least once every 365 days, your hotel rooms will remain yours. However, if you are gone for more than 365 days, your rooms will be put up for scrutiny. If I decide that your room may be better off sold to another eager resident, you may lose your room. Your purchase will not be refunded, but all of your items will be packaged into shulker boxes and mailed to you. I guarantee that you will not lose any valuables to being derelict in the hotels.

This change will be implemented as soon as I get around to notifying all current residents, which at minimum will take 7 days. If you do not want to lose your old hotel rooms, please log in now. Then you are free to stay offline for another 365 days.
  16. In addition, if you tell me for any reason that you want to move out, I will confirm with you only once from now on, and then you will be moved out. You will not receive a refund. If any hotels currently say that you will receive a full refund when moving out, that will be changed. If you want to move back in, you will be treated like a new resident and be at the end of the waiting line.

If you are evicted as a result of this change and the hotel that you are staying in specifies that you will receive a full refund before the rule change, then you will receive your refund. All current and future residents after the rule change will not receive refunds when moving out.

These changes (in both this post and above) will occur whether or not you have read these messages.
  17. The following residents cannot be reached by forum private messages:
    StringerFam05
    BittyBopBop

The above people were mailed the notifications via book & quill.
  18. The hotel rules have been updated. Skyview Suite's rules will be updated when the written books are upgraded to a thread. Gray Morals has been discontinued and will be turned into Waffle Tower Prison (name pending), and its rules will be updated with the new hotel thread.

Edit: Skyview Suite has its own forum thread with updated rules now.