Server tick speed?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by cubefragment, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Has the sever tick speed been messed with?

I need to know, because the fling machines I am using for a farm only move once then stop.

If it is turned down, what is the reason for it?

Thanx in Advance,

Your friendly neighborhood builder,

cubefragment :p
  2. I know it's set to 20tps I don't know if that is the norm or not
    cubefragment likes this.
  3. I have no idea about the server ticks, but I'm still a bit curious...

What made you conclude that this could be speed related? Has that contraption ever worked before on EMC (I assume as much but...)?

Reason I ask is because the #1 reason for some automated contraptions not to work on EMC (or any server) is because there's always a timing difference between single player and multi player. So I'm wondering if that might also be the case here...
    cubefragment and 607 like this.
  4. It is just a basic fling machine, works in multi player servers, it uses observer blocks. It a 6 block design by gnembon.
  5. aikar made it so 1 tick redstone pulses don't work in EMC
    cubefragment and 607 like this.
  6. :(

Thanx Tuqueque, time for a redesign.

:rolleyes:
    607 likes this.
  7. I don't think that's correct. Because if it was then why can an observer easily trigger a lamp while it doesn't trigger a torch?

For example:

When I place my redstone before the observer then the lamp will quickly turn on and off. But the torch remains as-is. That's because this is a 1 tick signal which is enough for the lamp to detect but too fast for the torch. The only way I can trigger the torch like this is when I slow down the signal using a repeater.

This is fully conform vanilla behavior; 1 redstone tick.

Which reminds me... Didn't observers behave differently outside town? Tried to look it up but the wiki doesn't mention it, yet I've come across more examples before where the wiki unfortunately wasn't fully up to date anymore. So I'm a little hesitant to base my conclusion solely on the wiki these days.
  8. You guys misunderstood eachother here, yes, indeed, you can still have a 2gt/1rt signal, but pistons don't spit our their blocks, I still want to try what 1gt/.5rt does or what a 0-tick does to emc (more advanced redstoning), but I don't think any of them work. This does indeed mean that opserver-based flying machines don't work sadly.
    (I might have outdated information, but this was true around one year ago, the time I was active at doing redstone on emc.)

20gt/10rt per second indeed is the normal speed.
    ShelLuser, Tuqueque and cubefragment like this.
  9. this is kind of a complicated answer....ummm let me try to make it simple.

a redstone pulse is not the same thing as a redstone tick
    a "tick" is the time a single "tick" on a repeater will go off
    a pulse can be considerably shorter than that (which is where devices such as redstone pulse limiters come into play.)
    redstone on emc is not set to vanilla specifications for the most part so many devices will require a bit of savvy to function on exactly the amount of time as vanilla.
    aikar has never really released his full set of changes (and i dont really know why) but one thing he has done is change how pistons function as two seperate blocks (the arm and the base) this is to prevent an old duping glitch.
    another change is how redstone functions (or how the chunk is loaded) when people go afk.
    emc redstone is barely vanilla if it requires any kind of precise timing
    ShelLuser, Tuqueque and cubefragment like this.
  10. The Tick is the same as SP world. The only difference is if the server is getting lag, or mass amounts of players, it will slow the speed of the tick to help with hardware when there is a heavy load.
    cubefragment likes this.
  11. Thank you all for the info. The fling machine will not work because of the piston duping issue. I have already came up with a different idea for the farm upgrade.

Again thanx.

cubefragment
    ShelLuser likes this.