Server question regarding portals

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by M4gZ4T, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Hi all!

I'm in doubt on a nooby thing. Found a stronghold with the End portal in the Waste and want to connect it with a Nether portal. My question is, does the Nether has to be the same direction as the Waste? For example if I would found the End portal on Waste NW should the Nether portal been set up on Nether NW? Or it doesn't matter, only one Waste and one Nether for Waste? Another related question: from the screenshot when F2 been pressed, and all details captured, is there a hint, which Waste direction are you at? Yeah I know, Im'm silly, I forget which one it was...lol Thank you for answering.
    Stnywitness and luckycordel like this.
  2. It doesn't matter on the direction just the coords if you want to link it up with an existing portal.
    As far as what direction your facing in a screenshot in the nether you would have had to hit F3 before you hit the F2. Hope this helped ya!
    M4gZ4T and Stnywitness like this.
  3. Kind of...

In vanilla minecraft the coördinates of a place in the overworld correspond with coordnates in the Nether. If you make a portal in one of these dimentions, the portal on the other side gets spawned as close to the respecive coördinates as possible. The formula for correspondence is [Overworld Coordinates] = 8*[nether coordinates] So, if you would have a portal at (800, 800) in the overworld the portal on the nether side would spawn as close to (100, 100) as it can.
    This is also the way it works in the frontier of EMC, jet, in the waste, the forumla isn't O=8*N, but O=N meaning that 1: traveling through the nether compared to traveling in the overworld is not more efficient in the waste; and that 2: if you want to set up a nether portal going to a certain location in one of the dementions, you have to make that portal at the same coordinates.

I hope that helps :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  4. Thanks for the answers. Meanwhile I've found this too on the wiki. I was surprise not to find the location I've needed, now it all make sense. Shouldn't divide the coord by 8. Now I can go to the correct location. Cheers guys. Happy 1.15 to all! ;)
    luckycordel likes this.