Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Me too, Logged out for 10 minutes due to high ping and came back and it was down. So now I'm sat staring at a status page.

[Edit]
    Also for anyone wanting to join me the site I use for status is here.
    ShelLuser and JohnKid like this.
  2. Just to be sure, you mean late TOMORROW night, not tonight - correct?
  3. Guys... May I suggest that we don't use this thread for chatter? Thing is: I know senior staff actually checks up on alerts here and if we start chatting then there's always a risk that they may overlook actual reports.

SO... How about we continue this conversation here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/the-official-i-dont-like-mojang-right-now-thread.71899/.

Update: the auth servers are back online!

It's always EMC time. Officially we're in the night of the 11th to the 12th. But I'm also pretty sure that they picked a Friday evening to get more senior staff availability. So yeah: tomorrow evening.
  4. Having an error when trying to log on after booted. Couldn't resolve host??? Can't get back on at all. :/

**edited forgot important information**

• The Server(s) this is affecting - play.emc.gs is the address to the server I have been using
    • Whether it involves the EMC network or Bungee - I'm assuming EMC
    • Any exact wording or details that may help us diagnose the root cause. --verbatim : Could not resolve host name
  5. "Can't resolve host" means that your computer can't "translate" the hostname you're using to the IP address. I'll elaborate if you want me to, but I'm going to keep this short & simple for now.

Check your DNS settings (if you know what that means). Also check what server you're connecting to: play.emc.gs, that should be the one. If that doesn't work (and you tried this before) try this: smp2.emc.gs. If that also doesn't work then you got DNS / connectivity issues.

Hope this helps.
    607 and Zomberina like this.
  6. The alternate address worked. I am on. Should I just stick with this one?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. I am happy things worked out. And no: I suggest you don't change things. The reason I mentioned that other address (you used smp3 instead of smp2, sneaky ;)) (just kidding!!) is because of 'caching'.

DNS servers translate names to IP addresses, the latter are used to actually connect. When you connect to "play.emc.gs" you don't connect to a name, you actually connect to one out of 8 options. However: to reduce the load on the server DNS servers also 'cache'. Meaning: when a look up is done they store the results and when another request for that very same name is done they grab the results they found earlier and send you that. Even if things changed online in the mean time (for fellow techies: yes, TTL is a thing, lets keep this simple here, k? thx! :) ).

I think you experienced a glitch. Whatever DNS server you used couldn't resolve 'play.emc.gs' but I don't think this is a thing.

More so: If this is a consistent problem then you may get issues next time you try to connect using smp3.emc.gs. If that does happen then it's time to complain to your internet provider, because it would then seem their DNS servers are way off.

Hope this can help a bit!

But for now: don't change anything, leave things as they are and try connecting again tomorrow. My assumption is that things will work again by that time.
    607, Zomberina and WardleDeBoss like this.
  8. Sounds like a plan, and yeah...I figured I was housed on smp3 so would go to that. I'll switch back to the other and see if it works tomorrow. And if not, I'll be all over Spectrum's rear end.

Thank you so much for helping me out. :)
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  9. Shell knows what he's talking about. ;) (Generally. :rolleyes:)
    ShelLuser and We3_MPO like this.
  10. Following today's update (boss bar and misc) we cannot use tab-complete for player names. It works great for filling in commands, but we have to type out names.

The 'we' here is in reference to myself and WyntyrRaevyn, but i suspect it's not client-side, given the most recent update and warnings of commands having some bugs in them now ^_~*
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  11. I noticed too, took the liberty of 'relaying' this issue onto the official thread, but not without proper credits (as you can see for yourself).
    Sazukemono and 607 like this.
  12. When I try to join the server, I get the error:
    It's not a client issue, because I can join other servers.
  13. Which smp is this issue occurring on?
  14. Hopefully 4/5/6 issues will resolve shortly. I took the problematic proxy out of the rotation.
    ttyler333 and Ch33zus like this.
  15. parrots can disappear

i came on smp2 from utopia and didnt see my parrot on my shoulder so went to shells 3rd res 2 use /prel. but right after i did /prel i got kicked from the server b/c of lag (several other peeps also got kicked).

now im back online but my parrot is gone :( kinda upset b/c of that :(

could it be a server prob.?
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  16. People from SMP2 lag out too? We had a similar problem on 9 a few moments ago.
    607 and AyanamiKun like this.
  17. I was on 5 around 15-20 minutes ago and people were complaining about lag then I lagged out, A few people disconnected too (I don't know if they lagged out or were disconnecting to fix the lag, They joined again though)
    607 and AyanamiKun like this.
  18. defo lag prob then. several peeps from smp2 got kicked. lag is over now but little kelly (my parrot) never came back :( ill bet their java was outdated ^.^ (i got a new parrot but kinda odd that it disappeared).
    607 likes this.
  19. I ran into this problem a lot recently, so I made a mod to fix it, which chickeneer just approved for use on EMC:

https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/273279-antighost

It can't prevent ghost blocks from happening occasionally, but it makes the server resend the area around you when you type /ghost, so you don't need to relog or hop servers.

Here's a small video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHhuU9j4ORo

Please note this is a client mod. You need to install forge and this mod to use the /ghost command, you can't use this command unless you've loaded the mod.
  20. This might not be EMC's problem, but the login servers are down? I can't get logged in, but the ping is fine. EMC appears to be up and working in my client, but I can't log in. Anybody else having the same issues?

--EDIT--
    Immediately after posting this, I tried again, and I was able to log in. I blame my brother.