Secure profile needed to login to this server

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by alphawiz1, Nov 16, 2022.

1. I've been trying to login to EMC using my normal id that I've been using here for years. I haven't done anything new lately. Running Windows 10, using Minecraft Java Edition 1.19.2

I migrated to the microsoft account nearly a year ago, and have been on EMC quite a bit since then, but for some reason I can't get on.

Has anybody seen this problem before or know what the cause (and more importantly, the fix) is?

alphawiz1
    NuclearBobomb, 607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  2. Which launcher do you use?
    607 likes this.
  3. Hey alphawiz! It looks like the Minecraft authentication servers are having some issues right now, so that may be the reason you're having trouble logging in. Hopefully they will resolve the issues soon and you'll be able to connect again.

https://downdetector.com/status/minecraft/
    607 and Tuqueque like this.
  4. Yeah, just to confirm. The message is misleading for what is actually happening. The "secure profile needed", is basically saying that it cannot verify that you are who you say you are, due to Mojang service outages. Most of the time it is not your fault for that.

This issue has been happening a lot recently... I wonder what has changed.
    TECtock, AnonReturns, 607 and 2 others like this.
  5. Getting it right now. Was on earlier today.
  6. getting this message currently on my alts account.
  7. Was getting on my main but alt was fine. about 20 minutes after my post my main started working again. havnt tried my alt
  8. hmmm, now my alts account is working. main is okay too...:rolleyes::confused:
  9. I was getting it for a while, but now it's fine. When I was having problems, sometimes all I had to do was to go completely out of MC, then back in. Other times, I just had to wait a while (like an hour or two), then it was fine. The message was rather random.
  10. My alt has been unable to log in for days. Main account can log in with no trouble.

Several launcher restarts and computer restart = no change.
    Using the standard launcher.
    [best memory of tab names here, will edit if I remembered poorly] Went to the account info button in launcher, clicked advanced options, and checked "remove old tokens" . Figured it couldn't hurt (hopefully) and there was a name change a ways back on the alt.

Suddenly Christmas Eve, alt could log in. Now it can't again. So maybe that wasn't a fix? Have now verified that other servers cannot be logged into either, it's not just emc

Only thing I can think of now, Planning to log out of the alt in the launcher all the way and then log back in. And #BlameMicrosoft all the while.