Scammers

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Araseus, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Wow someone claimed they were Jeremy's brother in law? Haha what did they want?
    flyingarticles likes this.
  2. They used it as a threat, saying if they didn't get the stuff back that the person would be banned. it's amazing what people fall for these days.
  3. Wow that is so.... sad lol
  4. Indeed, but due to the stupidity of alot of the members, they fell for it.
  5. I wouldn't say it is stupidity, it is more trustworthiness. To be honest I prob would have fell for it.
  6. Sucks to be the two of you right now. Attention to detail. This would have saved you both the heartache of your overspending. The tactics were backhanded, however, you could have walked away.
    ZerreissenDirge likes this.
  7. I agree with the Moderators. Not being there myself, the whole situation is a lack of poor judgement on the victims and their actions after the incident. No.1 if someone says they are selling a diamond for 10r, that should be an instant red flag. I was glad I wasn't on to see this mess go down, if I was however I would've qiuckly went to the ole' trusty /ch off. Too many people in a MMO environment are so quickly to overreact and start ranting on the keyboard instead of acting rationally and remaining calm. If you witness a infraction or a violation of terms, then document, document, document. Without clear evidence, such as a screen saver, it seems like the victims are itself trying to be the scammers by begging for 3k rupees. Just like in the real world, 'quick change artists' will always take advantage of those who are easily swooned. They scam you through repetition. After its all said and done, i'm sorry for the ones who got scammed, but let it be a lesson to everyone else.
  8. Ok, so maybe TeCk_ and I was wrong. But so what? He was still scamming.He said in the chat that he was selling them each for 10r. When we got there, The sign wrote : SkullHair (next line) 1(next line) B 10 (next line)Diamonds
    Obviously we can't buy from that since the 'Diamond' had an 's' . So he changed it and once he rewrote everything again, I immediately spammed my left mouse button on the sign. So if you look at it, he is still a scammer. He didn't use hacks but he tricked us into it.That is still scamming.
  9. Okay, well the situation has been taken care of. He received a punishment for using trickery that shouldn't be done and you guys learned a valuable lesson to be very careful to 'look before you leap'.
  10. Ok thanks. Oh well back to doing odd jobs for people...
  11. Good to see that the infraction was addressed in a strict enforcement of the rules and that no favors were honored in any direction.
    Sorry you lost the money. This is the sad downside to ANY form of economic community... It just happened to be in a video game instead of in real life... Welcome to the harsh reality of consumerism..
  12. Justin or Jeremy so we're not getting refunds :(
  13. Nope....sorry i can safely answer for them on this one.
  14. Its one of their politics ;)
  15. Ok but is there anything that we can do to prevent this from happening again?
    Maybe you guys can make an announcement to all the people playing on EMC to watch out for scammers? It will be chaos if even 1/10 of the people on EMC scammed other players.

To TeCk_ are you banned? I'm banned for 1 day. Ban will be lifted in 30mins
  16. dude you just took a leap of faith.....it was more of an over sight than anything.....so all it goes to show is make sure you read the sign a few times b4 you buy from it......just my logic though i will allow admins and mods to speak more on a "fix"
  17. All you need to do is be mindful of how you are spending your money. It takes five seconds to read what the shop sign is selling or buying and for how much. Besides, nobody can force you to buy anything and if you think you were scammed then you should not have made the purchase in the first place.

This is just common sense that applies everywhere, especially in the real world.
  18. it would be like buying a 60$ game for 600$ cuz you had to get it NOW and just grab and go.....not looking at the price well enough to notice the extra zero
    slozon, GameKribJEREMY and Sundanian like this.
  19. Yes, in reality, what we banned the guy who did this for was more of false advertising than anything. He was luring people by saying he had prices that he didn't. That in itself, scammed nobody other than making them waste a trip over.

You even told us that you blindly started clicking the left button as soon as the sign went up, not being able to see what it said. So, technically, you scammed yourself by no paying attention. It could have easily been avoided if you had waited 2 seconds to read the sign.
    ZerreissenDirge and slozon like this.
  20. Darn kids and there Pop music :/
    Sundanian likes this.