Scam Mail about EMC?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by 607, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Hi, this is a quick post as my bus will arrive soon.
    I just got this.

Did anyone else get this as well? It sounds like scam, but I'm not sure how they got my address and know it's related to EMC, and that EMC is gaming-related...
    ShelLuser, Starsphere and SpicyIcyBoi like this.
  2. No clue whether it is a scam or not - on the one hand it seems like it is, but on the other hand what they're saying doesn't really seem scamlike to me...

That is really easy. :p
  3. I think it is a scam for several reasons:
    The only thing specific is 'gaming company'. This is a general e-mail that could easily be sent to a lot of people, from a lot of different websites. If they'd be looking for 5 blogs they could probably write a more specific message.
    I thought it was talking about the EMC blog at first, which is rarely updated, so it wouldn't make sense for that to be a top blog. But in the title, it says it replies to the 'Vote' page... that's not at all a blog. xD
    There is no reason why I would have a say on this. As I said, I don't know how they got my e-mail, but there's no indication anywhere that I could be the owner of EMC.

Oh? :p
  4. Agreed. :)

It's easy information to find... ;)
  5. Ah, it's on my About page. Duh.
    Still, why my e-mail address? :p I wonder if anyone else got this e-mail. But I'm not sure how many other people just put their e-mail address there, as not everyone likes to get a lot of spam mail. :p
  6. :D
    No clue. Maybe it's some sort of weird automated thing.
    Probably not many people indeed. :p
    607 likes this.
  7. If this is my oddly related Prince from Zimbabwe, I'm going to be upset. He promised ME that money!
  8. Whether it is a scam or just spam. I would encourage you to ignore the post. I am not sure how they got your email either... Our official email has gotten some spam in the past - but this is the first I have heard of a user getting spam.
    607 likes this.
  9. Ah, I should've checked my spambox.
    I got a similar e-mail recently, on February 25th, 26th and 27th:
  10. It's on my "About" page, I noticed. I won't worry about it then, now that I remembered this. I was just afraid other people might get it as well, and not recognise that it probably isn't genuine.
    The other similar e-mails got marked as spam anyway; I'll mark this as spam as well.
    EvilBlo likes this.
  11. They probably think you're the writer of the EMC wiki, and they think that's a blog for same strange reason...maybe it's because you have the highest number of forum posts? Idk :p
  12. Well...do you offer bulk pricing or not?
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  13. well, they complimented you. aren't you going to say thanks?
    MoreMoople, 607 and JesusPower2 like this.
  14. Hm, maybe I should! She has been acting strange, though.
    ShelLuser likes this.