Run dynamap full renders on maps with updates

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by drnomn, Mar 4, 2021.

1. The frontier world maps are very hard to tell what is going on. The current maps make it very hard to tell what is in many areas, which include overlaid and still black areas where builds and other things have been done. I realize this is a large effort, but it may be able to be done 1 at a time over several days.

NOTE: not sure we use dynmap, but whatever map system and I believe if it is dynmap, you can do a radius as well, so that you don't have to do full renders, maybe 25k out from each spawn point.
  2. I'm not sure what this is suggesting. The jump to 1.15.2 broke sections of the livemap and I am unsure what exactly broke it, but the world-gen is most likely to blame. Either way, I'm not sure what anyone could do about that.
  3. I would assume a new render would fix it. That process resets each map point to what it is now rather than trying to use the older data which is now obviously wrong. I used dynmap on my own family personal server and whenever things got botched up or didn't open up right, that fixed the problem.
  4. So you're simply just asking to wipe the live map and completely re-render certain parts? Cause live map only updates when a player reloads a chunk.
  5. No, it should keep the "tiles" that have updated, but it resets them based on the current values, which I think will fix the map.
  6. Not sure how that would work, I am certainly no dynmap expert. Either way, if it fixes the map I'm down.