Rules Updates: August 11, 2018

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 12, 2018.

1. That was a throwaway line that's only half serious. I didn't like how the rest of the post was just me being condescending, albeit with legitimate concern. However, if I'm going to defend myself from someone picking on it...

Even when I was actively playing, I didn't want to see them. I'd love for the auctions section to be opt-in like the controversial section, buuuut that's not happening for obvious reasons.

I actually logged in about a week or two ago and played a bit and I'll definitely be making that a regular thing when I have the time after my life settles down a bit.

I do feel like my opinion on the matter's just as valid as your own, but I can definitely see why it can be discarded. You can disagree. You can agree. You can go halfway. Up to you, really.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  2. I am done arguing this stupid thing when thinking about how many more things are SO much more important that a silly little game "rule" so I did not mean to be condescending, at all. I always strive to make it known that I respect all peoples' opinions
    FunWart, AltPunisher and BenMA like this.
  3. Statuses get cycled out usually fairly quickly. The new rules make it impossible to advertise your auction. If you are constantly spamming your profile with an auction link then yes, it is a problem but posting the link once per auction wouldnt hurt anything.

Krysyy, if I may post a possible compromise, what if we limited status adverts to either once per auction or possibly once per day. The first option wouldnt be spammy because plenty of other people would post statues to cycle out the auction ones. If an auction were to last let's say 72 hours, posting it once in a status wouldn't be a big deal. The second option could potentially cause spam if too many people advertise auctions daily, but we wouldn't know unless we try.
  4. Everytime I'm online chat is essentially dead, no adverts, no normal conversations...
  5. My point exactly, Idk where they're playing that they're overrun by auction ads, but I don't venture into wild and I see maybe one every 10 mins, at a push.
  6. Hover over community tab and it's literally 1 click and you see all the auctions. Then 1 more click on anything that interests you. Even the laziest person can do that :p Forget the liking/disliking of the rules part of it all, it's not even remotely difficult to find. And there wouldn't be all the spammy auction threads if they weren't being made in protest of the new rules. They are being made and then used as proof it's not working.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  7. So we're supposed to do that every few hours on the off chance there might be something we wanna buy?
    Windylava, kaptrix, ColPun and 2 others like this.
  8. 22 pages, we will see how that rolls
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. Welllll, my point about people being lazy still stands, and it is an obscure part of the forums, as people just don't know out of the blue to hover over the community tab, but I guess we can agree to disagree here.

A lot of the threads aren't actually peoples who are complaining, they are posts by other members that are suitable examples for us to use, as they showcase exactly how the forums may turn out. I personally don't think that this is certain to happen, but from looking at the evidence I've been provided on this thread I think it is likely. People aren't stop going to be angry about this, they'll just eventually become submissive.

Like I said to Soul, if you feel like continuing this discussion you are more than welcome to PM me, I can discuss it properly there.
  10. But the reasons quoted are misguided at best and outright lies at worst, if there was such a problem it would have been fixed years ago.

This is a thing that isn't never has been and never would have been a problem, yet y'all have made it one for no apparently reason other than the fact that recent posts had a few auctions in it.

It's pretty damn full now though, isn't it?
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  11. I've been here for 6 years, until I read that post I had no idea how to get to the auction subforum.
    BenMA, OhMikuH and FadedMartian like this.
  12. My point was in the rest of the post. You chose to make a big deal out of the least important sentence. Besides, I'm allowed to put what I think in a post. It doesn't mattter how many times its been said.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  13. well until it is deemed by staff to be controversial LOL
    00void and BenMA like this.
  14. Then why quote just me?

Well then we just take it to the controversial topics :p
    FadedMartian likes this.
  15. Got to be opted-in for that ;)
  16. Why can't we accept the change and stop bickering, cause that won't change anything.
    SkeleTin007 and Dee6983 like this.
  17. Such an attitude is really convenient for governing and other institutions. I can only hope this attitude isn't something being fed to you, but rather just your youth for now.
    Big__Kev, kaptrix, 00void and 7 others like this.
  18. Blind obedience is voluntary slavery
  19. That is the exact sentiment I was trying to summon.

You have such a way with words.
    Windylava and FadedMartian like this.
  20. So what are you saying about me?