Rules Reminder: PvP/UHC and Illegal Mods

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. But I'm in the middle of one already :confused:
  2. I'm glad for my alts, they helped me install my mods.

Like come on, seriously you're going to pull that saying alts are cheating? Jigs up guys, people who have alts we are going to get in trouble.
    Patr1cV, PenguinDJ, BenMA and 3 others like this.
  3. All I see when I reads this is the mass confusion of Krysyy and how all she wants to do is for people to use some common sense it's a shame that Krysyy has to constantly be making these reminders wasting more of her own time in which could be well spent for other things. To summarize the thread DONT CHEAT AND PLAY RIGHT!!
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  4. Having two accounts helps you in no way in UHC or pvp
    crystaldragon13 and We3_Nub like this.
  5. *hides alt* No alt here. :p
    I don't see alts as cheating. The way I see it, if you are willing to pay the money for another account, then you should get the full beneifts from it.
  6. WELL. Now that you bring it up...

Once I spawned my account in a UHC, logged off, then went to play another UHC. When a friend died he logged onto my account and continued to play, only to be crushed ruthlessly by the border.

So TECHNICALLY... ;)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. Well... if that's the case 90% of EMC would be banned, including many Staff members+.
  8. no what im sayin is you have two accounts and u can "help" by giving all the good stuff to the other account which I find unfair to those using one account isn't that the point to do the best on your account not use another account to support your other account to have the advantage of obtaining objects more "easily" than others
    not to mention giving all the rupees to the other account too, ive seen this in chat aswell.
    im not saying it is cheating im saying its an advantage

everyone has an opinion im just expressing mine

so I can start another account have two res's without being a supporter and paying for more res's
    that's unfair to the ppl supporting emc and gaining another res from that
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. There's multiple ways that you could take this, but if you want to, please pm me at pmcm.emc.gs and I can work with you on the different aspects. Alts are okay on EMC.
  10. jump on mumble if ya like
  11. I feel like this thread has shifted from its purpose of restating and reminding everyone of the rules to a debate about Penguin's ban and every single technicalities behind it.

What happened was a joke taken too far. Not only was their a clear confession, there was also faked screenshots and even a video displaying hacks on a different server. This video technically wasn't EMC related but that just added fuel to a fire that was already blazing. I don't know what your intentions were whether it was to try and make the staff look silly that they had banned you or if it was to try and find some loophole in the rules and try to expose it, nothing positive really could have came from this. Although, if the only reason you were banned was because of this little prank, I'd argue that an IP blanket ban would be a bit much but considering there is apparently legitimate evidence, I can't really say anything except I expected better.

To everyone demanding that all evidence be shown because the staff team is "untrust worthy" and "lie" just so they can ban those players they don't like, you're being silly. Why would Krysyy lie about a video? I honestly don't believe she would because she and most of emc's representatives tend to be consistent and tell t he truth, not go around faking screenshots and trying to deceive people.

Tl dr; Nothing good could have came from this and in the end staff is trustworthy enough where they shouldn't have to release every piece of evidence. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and you will continue to be fed...
  12. Depends how it's done.
    Getting free "cracked accounts" off the internet and using them to log in and pass on rupees/promos from the tutorial and any event happening at the time is not allowed. Plus obtaining such accounts is an illicit action on and off these servers.

Using an alternate account to pass on illegitimately obtained goods (i.e. those found using xray, etc.) before the main account is banned is a disallowed use of the alt.

People often use alts to get a figure to sit at their farms or to get extra reses. However, they did purchase the account and are using it in an individual sense pretty much as intended. In a real sense, though, they can only physically "play" on one account at a time anyway. It is a slight advantage but it's not a huge/unfair advantage.

EDIT: explained in mumble- all's well
  13. The entire team wouldn't lie. I trust some of them. At least 1/4 of them, however, I wouldn't believe a word out of their mouth from all the false conclusions they jump to before getting facts.
  14. I'm not following you on this, but if you want to clarify, please pm me.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  15. i think he means staff jump to conclusions before getting any solid evidence, plz correct me if im wrong bout this Haro
  16. I'll shoot a PM when I go back home.
  17. Nah it's more about stuff on a case by case basis.

Varying criteria, contradictions (sometimes in the same sentence), among other things make me question a lot of things certain people say.
  18. tl;dr don't be rude and don't be a filthy cheater

yes I wanted to add a TL;DR shush
  19. alright guys thanks for the 13 pages of laughter, my fav post was chickneers
  20. I think this thread has escalated out of proportion, but it has created some good points.
    It has highlighted the irregularities in the high staff's opinions, each saying something different. Surely that would not happen, if an investigation actually happened.
    It has highlighted the unjustness in the system.
    And, my main issue, it has highlighted the irony and hypocrisy in staff. May as well call her hypo-Krysyy