RIP Stephen Hillenburg, Spongebob creator...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Joy_the_Miner, Nov 28, 2018.

1. For those of you who may not know or have not heard the news yet, Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of Spongebob, has died today... :(

I had a lot of fun times with that show when I was a little kid (pre-2004) that made me value it as a very good show to watch. Stephen was a part of many other kid's lives, and now he's watching out over us all...

RIP my good man, you are a legacy. You created one of the best cartoons of all time and you will not be forgotten!

Has anyone else on here watched Spongebob when they were a little kid, or do to this day? Also, what is your outlook on the show now that the creator is gone? Do you think that Nickelodeon will keep it alive or let it go? I'm curious because this was quite a sad end to my night... :(
  2. I still watch spongebob on occasion , such a good show :( RIP
  3. ouch... Spongebob was my childhood :oops: That and Blue's Clues... (along with a lot of shows. I might've been a TV kid :confused:)
  4. I've seen two episodes, while on vacation in Germany. It seemed interesting. :)
  5. For me, this is probably the saddest celebrity death this year, maybe ever. I loves sponge bob when he was involved with it, not so much after he left the show though. It became an ordinary kids show rather than something with humour for all ages. I don’t think Nickelodeon will ever let go of something as profitable as spongebob. Only when the ratings start to dip.
    Joy_the_Miner and Otus_NigRum like this.
  6. I will agree with you, on those accounts.

Personally, I think the show was in it's prime before The Spongebob Movie in 2004. After that, I didn't notice a quality change until things became a bit too silly for my tastes. Though, I was glad he returned about a year ago. Sadly, his time was cut short and it was time for him to go... :(
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  7. I've played The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie on GBA! (and I should maybe play it again, as I played it on a bootleg unknowingly, and have since got the game legitimately. I'm also not sure if I played it at its highest difficulty)
    Like most kids watching the movie, I did not know David Hasselhoff. :p
  8. I know so sad may he rip wel his legacy continues
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  9. "I'm ready, I'm ready!"

He was ready to go to a beautiful place. Rest in peace.
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.