Revived Skeleton Farm(s)

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by ForeverMaster, May 9, 2014.

1. I think I stumbled on this (the beginnings of it, anyway) on the way to the Slime Farm a week ago. If I'm correct, it's beautiful! :)
  2. I'm amazed more people don't take advantage of this
  3. Bump.
    The second skeleton farm is now open for use! It's located east of the desert skeleton farm in the plains. I call this new grinder the "Overgrown Skeleton Farm". It's got most of the features of the desert farm.
    Now, two skeleton farms can be running at once, one per 1+ player(s)!

Also, with any of my farms, you are free to take any items produced by the farms, but don't take all of them for yourself. I build them for myself as well as for the EMC community.:cool:
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  4. Which is more efficient in your opinion?
  5. There isn't really a difference, but in the overgrown one, you have more walking space within the spawner's activation area. The obsidian on the floor marks the boarders of the area in both of the farms.

When I originally had the two farms planned, I wanted two of them so people don't have to fight as much over a single grinder. Also, due to the value of a skeleton spawner, I want to take advantage of any of them I find.
    AwesomeBuilder33 and jacob5089 like this.
  6. Both portals leading to the farms are working nicely, however, the way to get there from the portal S/E of frontier south seems a bit obfuscated. No bricks to be found, only a broken railway.

If SnowyBearr wants to join, we could build a tunnel under the ceiling, leading to these portals, even with a railway.
  7. A Nether Hub could be a future project; it's just a matter of finding open time to do one.;)
  8. Problem solved: Don't use the Portal S/E outside frontier south spawn, but the one inside in the S/W. It leads to a nether hub (which I tried to make hound and garth free); in the northern end there is the ladder leading to a wide tunnel with a few bricks on the ground. This tunnel leads directly to the 2 farms. I also put some signs up.
  9. I made a visit yesterday, and I have to say wonderful work, I spend the best part of a hour just looking at the detail you put into your work. A question for you is at the main grinder most of the storage is fill with "junk" (IE dirt, cobble,etc.) is there somewhere we could move this junk. I will be glad to do the moving of the stuff for you just let me know. The least I can do to help out for you making this accessible to us all.
  10. There's a cactus near the smelter of the Desert Skeleton Farm to destroy items, and thank you for the comment!:)
  11. OK my next visit I will clean up the storage. Just didn't want to going throwing away anything that was put there for a reason.
  12. Bump.
    The Desert Skeleton Farm has ran out of space for comments, but the overgrown one should have open space.;)
  13. Bump. Neither skeleton farm has space for comments! If you were discouraged to visit one by an accident at the farm in the desert, I have repaired the damage.
  14. Very late, i cant seem to find them. Is it gone or?
  15. The skeleton spawners are kept hidden. They can toggled on and off with a lever inside each killing chamber.
  16. Thank you for this, it is beautiful :)
  17. This farm is amazing, but there is one thing that slightly bothers me about it, and that is storage. If you would let me I could use some of my own resources to make a sorting system that separates the bones, arrows, and bows into their own section, and trash the overflow bows. All free of charge. (Exception of the interior design work, as I am not much of a "Builder")
  18. You could, if you want, build some farms on my smp7 outpost :p
  19. Unfortunately, there isn't any space in the farm for an item sorter.
    607 and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.