Restriction on acceptable usernames.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Derpface345, Feb 11, 2013.

1. I dont have a clue about what you are talking about...:rolleyes:
  2. I was on SMP9 and saw maybe 1 drug related name.
  3. There usually on the lower populated servers cause they get caught less
  4. I have personally banned several players with foul and/or inappropriate names in the past.
    It was done based on the Terms of Service and the Empire Guide that everyone here agrees to abide by having read them or not.

Choosing to use foul language as your screen name is an immature decision made by an immature person. Age has nothing to do with this. Play a bit of Call of Duty on XBox Live or Sony Entertainment Network (formerly Playstation Network) and you will find some very rude, immature individuals of many ages...
    mba2012, jkjkjk182 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  5. I'm glad my mom didn't raised me in a bubble. If I were, when it had popped,the world would've smacked my face.
  6. Hope you guys don't count my name! I don't want to be banned on the threads too!
  7. Amazing analogy..
  8. I know, right?
  9. the masses i was reffering to were the people who would get banned straight away without any say in the matter (thus nameless and faceless lol) was a kind of play on words
  10. They had a say when they created their MC name:)
  11. I agree.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. Another thing that bothers me is something I saw on the live map, I'm not even going to mention the server number.
    This person used there res to voice their political opinions, a very controversial opinion. If we were to stick this res into jkjkjk's amazing analogy of a public school, they would be sent home very quickly... However this res is slightly different and someone could argue that it's protected by Rule 6( I think that's the number).
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. i think politics are ok since peeps are allowed to voice there religion as long as it not racist and saying an opinion is not reason to get banned unless it is racist and politics is not the worst thing that could be on a res and it not against any rules i think
  14. Yeah, one time a guy put a....mans dingdong on my res and I came back and I was supprised but let's say I cleared it away fast XD
    RainbowChin likes this.
  15. i would do the exact same
    this is kinda dun since it one of those really good forum posts that get people talking and get a good chunk of people
    Twitch1 likes this.
  16. if you saw a username like:
    IF***urmom

would you be offended?
    I know i would
    (i mean uncensored)
  17. well that is blatantly offensive and very clearly not what i was defending. instead i was arguing someone with a name like shroomhead (in reference to the mario villain) or soemthing of that sort. not really offensive in any way but it does have a drug reference