Residence Claiming Accident

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by salmjd, Oct 8, 2015.

1. I can donate the rest of the r
  2. This has turned from being an easy act of kindness to people literally offering up 200k+.
    Moonglum_, 607 and Dufne like this.
  3. Don't forget that it started as a sad thread =P
    Gawadrolt and ShelLuser like this.
  4. I can offer handkerchiefs if anyone needs 'm ;)
  5. I can't say I agree with the people offering up gold supporter vouchers and over 100k in money. Yes it started sad, but I feel like claiming the res for him was as much service as was right for us, the community, to do. At this point, he should have to make the money on his own to be able to claim the residence. I don't think that should be anyone else's responsibility to pay for that. I'm all for little services and favors but I do not agree with donating that huge of an amount.

EDIT - In other, simpler words, reserving the residence for him as a service did solve a problem and solve the thread essentially. However, offering up that much money for free solves a problem that doesn't exist and is quite unnecessary IMO.

EDIT2 - *Pure speculation* I have a slight feeling that the people who offered up money saw how much people appreciated Dufne claiming the res and so they thought they'd get into the praise by 'showcasing' their generosity. Of course, that's my personal speculation and could very well be false.
    607, ShelLuser and Dufne like this.
  6. Meh... Sorry, I agree to disagree :D

For me vault & stable vouchers mean very little. I get them relatively easy, I got plenty of them (running out on stable for some reason ;)) and as a result I also often just drop 'm on players. "because". Like yesterday (or so): new player comes along and really enjoyed the server but also really wanted to keep both a horse and a mule in their stable. Which you can't as a new player. We had some talk about value in town chat (some people claim that stable vouchers now also sell for 10k?) but yeah..

Obviously that new player didn't have 10k. But I couldn't be bothered with trying to sell it (had some spares) so I just gave it. Player happy and I just learned that said player is now also a diamond supporter. They really enjoyed themselves.

Now... For some higher rollers out there a support voucher is just as casual as these vault/stable vouchers are to me.

This giving away works both ways you know... The giving player is happy that their stuff is put to some good use, and the receiving player is happy that they get a little help. Win win.

It would be a totally different scenario if the OP started to beg or ask or such. "please get me a voucher b/c I can lose it all! (insert 20 exclamation marks here)".

Instead he acknowledge his mistake, took it like a man and more or less moved on (while being obviously disappointed).

So yeah, sorry, but I have to disagree. IMO The OP is well deserving of this little push to get them back on track!
  7. I agree that the OP deserves it, but there's plenty of people that deserve it. I don't think your vault/stable voucher analogy works very well here. A vault/stable voucher is a common thing for almost anyone to obtain through voting.

There is no possible way a supporter voucher can be an easy thing to obtain. Unless you had (literally) a 30 million+ balance (which I am positive nobody in this thread does), a supporter voucher is an expensive item to buy and certainly will dent the pockets of anyone who has posted thus far. It is a significant thing worth 20x (roughly) than a vault or stable voucher since you get those in infinite quantities by voting. You must buy supporter vouchers by either buying them with a significant amount of rupees or with real money.

It is a hefty donation and I don't think an issue as casual as this merits it. I don't think OP will have a problem coming up with that money in a reasonable time on his own. There's lots of ways to make money and I'm sure he's aware of it as he's already got 200k.

I feel like giving out a stable/vault voucher to random people is a reasonable thing to do - but don't you feel it'd be weird for you to walk around and do the same with supporter vouchers? It'd be an odd thing to do for anyone with any balance, unless of course you're Elon Musk and can buy a thousand vouchers with real money and hardly sweat it.

I also disagree with the argument that people would rather see their items be put to good use. This can be said for your analogy of vault & stable vouchers, but under no circumstances can you say that for supporter vouchers. They are worth real money and can be turned into a tangible amount of money that matters to anyone. You don't just go clearing out your 'useless' items and throw out supporter vouchers.

My personal opinion, of course.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  8. I can use one. We do have a great community. :)
    Gawadrolt and ShelLuser like this.
  9. This just shows how great of a community EMC really is.

10. I'm waiting for Aikar to offer to give EMC to Salmatic :rolleyes:
  11. That would be hilarious i just realized im on my alt emc page ......
  12. ^ I second this :) It's nice to see people help out after someone made a mistake - though does anyone want to pay me 1.2 mil to compensate me for the 1.5 mil worth Max Res Voucher I sold in an auction for 300k some time ago? ;)
    PenguinDJ, LuckyPat and Dufne like this.
  13. The Empire Brothers will have another stock of Diamond/Vouchers coming in tonight or tomorrow if you still need one, we can sell you one at 50% off.
  14. To say we are offering to help to showboat or take some of the glory is absolutely ridiculous. Some one made a mistake and help was offered. How can you even think otherwise? To be honest I'm disgusted that you would even suggest such a thing.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  15. Please guys, don't turn this into an argument. If they wish to give Sal vouchers then let them.
    Salmatic, LuckyPat, 607 and 2 others like this.
  16. Disgusted is a bit of a strong word, no? Anyways haro, I have given out supporter vouchers(no event or whatever) to three people. one I didn't hardly know, another I didn't know AT ALL and the third, well I pretty much have played with her every day for like the last 8 months so that's a LITTLE different.
    607 and xHaro_Der like this.
  17. I didn't say that. I clearly stated it was pure speculation and a valid possibility. No need to take it that far :) if it's actually coming from you in pity, then that's great.
    607 likes this.
  18. I won't be questioned by someone who knows nothing about me.
  19. Wasn't questioning you.. Said it was a generalization of a speculation. I won't take it any further so this thread can remain on topic.
    JesusPower2 and 607 like this.
  20. Really dude? Maybe you need to go to bed.