Reset Needed??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Munchie86, Jul 9, 2012.

?

Should the empire wild's be reset again?

Poll closed Jul 16, 2012.
Yes 18 vote(s) 22.8%
No 54 vote(s) 68.4%
I really don't care 7 vote(s) 8.9%
  1. Yep. And wow. I must have been into the black alot more then I think I have. My bad.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  2. The madatory reset was because of Anvil conversion and jungle biomes.. <,<.. I wasn't even here yet and I know that is what caused most of the servers to have to reset..
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. Not all sides smp 4 are like that. The west side has a wide path/bridge/tunnel which extends for almost all the explored map.
    Before I leave for the wild I always take a stack of dirt and/or cobble and repair the grief/creeper damage.
    I am certainly not the only one who does that and I really think it's part of being part of a community.
    Julien99999 likes this.
  4. Munchie86 likes this.
  5. Yeah. I know many servers that have nice bridges. Often those are without any borders so new players are likely to fall off. There is no real reason to waste stuff to make them safe. This is why I thought of the dirt idea. If many people join in it will take only a few minutes to fix / improve the dirt bridges.
  6. Smp3 wild proof of concept. Dirt wall and bridge "fence". The cobble bridge was already there. Wall could be just 1 to make it easier to go down.
  7. Also, dont we have a server thats wild will NEVER be reset? Smp9 or Smp7 or something? To avoid this, just make your wild communities there. I feel no sypathy for the creations of the wild members, purely becuase the rules of the wild state that is unsafe, and is subject to things like this.
  8. There is no such server. And i have no idea where you came up with that?
  9. Also, please point out where it says "Your wild creation may be destroyed due to people not wanting to walk the extra mile."
  10. This is the normal world (Overworld) on each SMP server. This is where you adventure to find resources. You can go anywhere and build anything you like, however your stuff is not safe like it is in Town.

It doesnt state it exactly, but it states, clearly, that anthing built here is unsafe. It can be subjject to griefing, theivery, creeper damage, and yes, wild resets. Also note the part where it says it is meant to find resources, but you CAN build anything you like.
  11. Oh really? Why dont you tell that to Aikar. And the fact that you dont care about the wild communities and such is what makes people really mad. A large amount of you town dwellers dont care about the wild's people or cities. You guys want a reset cause you dont want to walk so far for a useless ore that is easily obtainable from villagers. All the new villages and temples close to spawn will be harvested instantly because of the town dwellers, like you, who dont care about any creations. Guess what! After they reset the wild and you townsies harvest the temples and villages, i will require the same amount of effort to find one as it would now! That is, if the update was out today. The issue we have with your type is this. You will gladly vote to ruin MONTHS of work, so that you can piddle paddle around near spawn for a few days then get bored and return to town.

*Note: I know that not every townsie is that way, but a majority are!
    oidgod likes this.
  12. Again. The rules of the wild clearly state that anything is subject to be destroyed, by griefers, or wild resets, thpough it doesnt name any in general. With wild members knowing this, I dont feel any sympathy. Ill compare it to.. Lets say an auto insurance claim. You refuse coverage, for this case we will say for free. You dont want to have to be "restrained" by their rules, or in the town, a plot. Now you realize you will probably get in an accident, for one reason or another. For the wild members, they are thinking there will be a wild reset. And they retalite, despite knowing that the wild is unsafe, and that they should have got auto insurance. Forgive me for me bad example though. :/
  13. Oh, and what SMP do you live on?
  14. oidgod likes this.
  15. Fair enough.
  16. We dont mind resets due to world conversion issues or such, we have issues with resets really dont need to be done, at all.
    Im on smp 6,7,8,9 in the wild, and smp5 for town
  17. Well, if I remeber, SMP9 is immune to all resets, no matter what. So why doesnt everone just live in the wild there?

Oh, and the SMP1 wild quite a bit more then 7500 :/
  18. Than go somewhere else.
  19. A reset isnt nessecary as ALL the new structures will get greifed probably like npc villages.
  20. agreed