Rescued German Shepherd with major internal bleeding and his owner need help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Lukas3226, Jun 23, 2018.

1. [Edit] checks out it's against the rules, but thanks anyways. You might find the removed link on your own;)
    I'm sorry if this the worng place or it's against EMC rules. I just re-read them and did not find anything against it :)
    The beautiful German Shepherd TJ of a dear friend of mine needs [removed].

TJ 6 month ago

TJ after the surgery

TJ, which is short for Thomas Jefferson, has had an interesting life. He was rescued by my friend from a hoarder in New Mexico. He was extremely malnourished when he came to live with her and shortly after arriving, he escaped her yard and was hit by a car. Imagine explaining to animal control that you adopted him that skinny. Well, being the amazing dog TJ is, he made it through that ordeal and has spent years at her's side as her constant, four legged companion.
    Yesterday, something was off. TJ wasn't his usual self. After his condition began declining, TJ was taken to CSU Vet School where the news was not good. TJ had major internal bleeding and a mass in his abdomen. He has just come through surgery this morning, June 21, 2018, beating the 80% odds that he wouldn't. They had to remove his spleen but they got almost all of the tumor. His prognosis, short term, is that he has beat the odds so far. There are still a lot of unanswered questions. It's a wait and see.

What we do know is that this will be very expensive.
    Well, TJ needs all of our positive thoughts and well wishes right now and my friend needs to cover the estimated $10,000 vet bill that is coming. She is a high school math teacher who doesn't earn the million dollar a year salary she deserves.
    So please, if you can help cover TJ's vet expense, we would all be eternally grateful and it would be one less thing my friend has to worry about right now and can focus on spending time with TJ and his recovery.

Her sister Jennifer Rubino created a [removed] and I would be really happy if you stop by and help her out.