" Rent A Block Wand "

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by cubefragment, Apr 4, 2018.

1. A suggestion for Token use.

" Rent A Block Wand " for the removal of random placed block at Public Farms that the community use.

Rent: 1k to 5k tokens .

Fees : 1 token per block on top of the rental price.

Time: You get the " Rent A Block Wand " for 15 to 30 mins. , to remove unwanted block place by random player in random places. Would help keep the farms clean and beautiful for all players of the community.

Your friendly neighborhood builder,

cubefragment :p
  2. -1

I can see players using this on area's they dont own and to break into a storage room that is protected and all. Too many issues can rise.
    FunWart and 607 like this.
  3. So is this a suggestion to bypass Anti-grief protections?
    FunWart and 607 like this.
  4. They will be on record on who had the wand at the time. BAN HAMMER is swift. :p

No it is not, it is just to be used for random blocks placed at the public farms we work hard to keep up and running for the community.

There should be form we have to fill out, with amount of blocks we need to remove and location. It is just help us, help staff when they are not available at times. Players are placing random blocks and heads at farms, and there are signs up asking them not to do so.

cubefragment :p
  5. How do you determine what is just random and what is not? If it requires staff to view, then staff should do it as it seems more work with this system.
    607 likes this.
  6. Because I am the builder of the farms in question. All block not placed by me, or the players that helped me are random blocks. :p
  7. I dont mean you.... in other words, someone who uses the farm can be someone else different, and say the owner has a anti block room, and the user can get that item and break blocks that is not theirs... If staff have to verify who did it, then it would be more work for them to verify and give you perms then for them to do it at once.
  8. Just get those people with the green names to remove unwanted blocks that hinder the farms operations.. Better yet try getting a hold of the player responsible for the block placement and have them remove it.
    607 likes this.
  9. I’d say instead of block removal, area marking. Have the ower (with, say, over 500-1000 protected blocks in an area) mark the area as “theirs” and it would be the same as block protection, but now for placing blocks.
  10. -1
    How do you determine a "public farm"?
    Why spend tokens when you can just get a greenie to remove it for you?
    How is it determined as "random"?
    What if it was in fact someone who helped you build it? Then you'd have to do the thing you do now if you need a block removed: the /staff command.
    edit: what if the block in question was intentionally placed there? If it's causing a farm to stop working, maybe someone who helped you is trying to make it better? If it's just a block placed in the middle of a walkway, I can see how that can be removed, but usually there is at least one moderator online that can remove it.
  11. So maybe this is more specifically, "remove blocks at MY build which also happens to be a public farm" ? Something along those lines of self-service block removal, if I understand this correctly.
  12. While it seems like it would be a good idea, the work involved on the staff end to constantly review logs of what player removed would cause more work than having staff just come out and remove the blocks ourselves. I see this causing more work and issues in the long run.

If you need blocks unprotected at your build, staff are more than willing to come out and do the work. That is why we have the green names ;) Never feel like you are inconveniencing a staff member when you need our help. It is a joy and a privilege for us to serve the community on EMC.

Also, if there are not any staff online, you can PM any of us on the forums or submit a support ticket here: https://empireminecraft.com/misc/contact

This is the best solution, and one that will eventually happen on EMC. The Outposts update will provide this to players in the Frontier, though we are a ways out from receiving this update. Until then though, anti-grief and EMC staff support solve majority of the issues players face :)
    607 and Ethy202 like this.
  13. Even though there isn't much use for tokens yet. Personally as someone who has made many public farms I run into build mode blocks like every other day. As cool as this idea is I see it creating issues. Also I have found that it's not hard to msg players and say hey you put blocks on my build. I need your block vouch or you need to remove them. I have yet run into someone refusing to remove their blocks. I have found on the few blocks that have been placed by players that cause issues for farms working properly staff has always been willing to remove them and it usaly taks the same amount of time as sending a pm to a player in game or on the forums
    607 likes this.