Remove res tags from derelict players

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Big__Kev, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Hey all.

The other day I was looking for a shop that sold smooth sand stone. Through each SMP I went to find a mall or shop using +mall or +shop

At least 80% of the time, I spawned on a res that belonged to a player for less than a month, with no sale chests. And mostly derelict with no shop signs or empty shops.

It means that players like my self, who needs something, cannot get to that shop with our obstacles.

Suggestion:

- If there is no shop sign on a chest - you cannot have +shop or +mall tags
    Or;
    - remove shop or mall tags if the player is derelict with less than 5 sell chests.
    Burki, Egeau, Fred_TWK and 8 others like this.
  2. here is a list i made that i never did anything with of residences that probably shouldnt have the tag

https://pastebin.com/sFzHv9pk

feel free to use it to bug ss into removing them
  3. It's been a while for me but... report the residence (and the offending tags); that should get staff's attention after which they can sort it out. So.... I think: "/report Res <number> is using a false tag: <tag>".

That's what I'd do.
  4. This is the VERY reason that I started work on collecting active shops. Then realize that other people needed this information as well. There are several places on here that have smooth stone, kev. (unless you bought them all out :p)

The link is right there :-1: (and i hate that we dont have triangles or shapes in the smileys)
  5. Reporting residences is definitely an option. The in-game /report is not the best method though. It is best to make a list and send a message to Senior Staff.

Action will likely only be taken for shop-like tags.
  6. It has always annoyed me that +shop is not reliable because there are so many residences with the tag that are not shops. Is having senior staff remove tags the best solution? What about having some kind of registered and approved tag or list of warps/teleports to actual shops? I'm sure this has cropped up in suggestions more than once over the years. I hesitate to recommend +shop to new players because it's so unreliable.
  7. Keeping a manually-approved list sounds like it would be hard to manage.

This idea might be possible (and complicated):

1. Residence owner adds "shop" and/or "mall" tags
    2. Server checks for at least one sale in the last 30 days, and if the owner is derelict

3. The server removes the tag(s) due to no sales, or if the owner is derelict
    3. The server leaves the tags since there was at least one sale
  8. +1. I hate when residences with those tags have nothing.
  9. How about we delete town teleportation all together. Boom, problem solved.
    UltiPig and fighter_Ethan like this.