Remove Crops from protected blocks

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Dee6983, Mar 6, 2017.

?

Do you think crops should be protected

Yes 4 vote(s) 66.7%
No 2 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. The empire is covered with public farms but how can we collect produce if the crops are protected. I understand some people don't want there crops to be destroyed but possibly add a command that protects crops with the default being off?
    MrsWishes and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Crops aren't protected by default, if they are protected, is because someone used /bmode on them.

99% sure

(and if they are protected, then +1)
    AhsokaTower and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. I don't think so I've seen at most public farms they crops are all protected. Even if the owner did not protect them some players have bmode on and it ends up locking the crops. Maybe I'm wrong not sure I've just seen it as an issue at farms being locked by inactive or people who are not on often enough to have them unlocked. Ie. the public gold farm on smp5 is locked and the owner of them has been inactive but voting for the past few months.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I think stems should be protected at least. Especially at public areas, this would prevent them from messing around with people food source while still allowing people to harvest.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. My eyes are fooling me today. I read this as 'Remove Cops from protected blocks'. The police ain't in my walls.

Like the others said, I think stems themselves should be protected. So Melons/Pumpkins. As for wheat. Too many people would destroy to 'greif' and not replant purposely and be like "heheh, I showed them"
    Dufne likes this.
  6. What happens at those public farms is if you're in a group and you replant it becomes protected. Also like others have stated it's because someone was in /buildmode.
  7. Ah ok I suppose that makes sense to a degree
  8. Also don't forget that you can always use /noprotectmode to force the system not to protect anything you place.