Reminder about In-Game Auctions

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Yay, glad to see an end to this. Thanks so much, krysyyjane! I appreciate you putting a stop to this. :)
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  2. Okay; clarification time. In my storage auction that has been postponed awaiting this decision I have four lockers. Do I need to itemize which items are in which locker or can I just provide a list of every item that I'm auctioning without ruining the "surprise" of which locker holds what? So glad a decision is being come to on this matter, thanks for this Kryysy.
  3. Each locker needs the entire contents listed out. Surprise auctions are not allowed at this time.
    607 likes this.
  4. I'm just curious. Is there a way to have a chest that is 'display-only', so people can see what's inside but not take anything?
  5. Not currently no
  6. That might be useful. A chest full of junk is a pain to list out on a sign, if people want to auction a chest full of random stuff, for example, cleaning up their res.
    607 likes this.
  7. Spectator mode uses that though. So it will be possible in 1.8?
  8. Not knowing what your bidding on is half the fun... kinda sad that your disallowing it...
    DragaoNimhe likes this.
  9. Perhaps, but that is until you realise you've been scammed, or didn't pay for what you were hoping for, or bought a DC of dirt for 10k. There's a lot of problems for such a small postive side :)
    607 likes this.
  10. yes, but players need to understand the risks involved with these sorts of things and decide for themselves weather they would like to take that risk. Its your own doing if you bid 10k and end up with a DC of dirt, its just the chance you take. I've seen players bid 100r and walk away with a stack of diamonds.
  11. Ideally it would work like that for all players, but unfortunately it's only a few that use this selective process to make their decision. Others (predominantly new players) will jump aboard something like this - "It's new? I can get stuff? No one would ever trick me into buying something bad, it must be good!" - without considering that they're most likely going to be disappointed because the auctioneer wants to make a profit. I've seen it first hand. When they're disappointed disputes start arising, refunds are demanded, then the player that was disappointed sees an opportunity to do the same and the cycle restarts
    607 likes this.