Redstone mechancism not working

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Insanity42, Apr 25, 2015.

1. I have a redstone mechanism that I've built in my local creative mode, both for 1.8.4 and 1.7.10, but it doesn't seem to be working on the server. I even rolled back my minecraft to 1.7.2, and it worked as well, so I don't suspect it is an issue with the minecraft version.

Could there be an issue do to any plugins or custom code or just server load?

Here is a screenshot of the mechanism bit that is having issues.

A redstone signal comes in from the left, activates the randomizer. Depending on the output, it activates the T flip-flop.

Everything seems to work fine, up to the T flip flop, which will push and retract the redstone block each time instead of either pushing it only or retracting it only.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. I believe this is just a lag glitch.

Try this on another big server like EMC and I bet it won't work.
  3. Intriguing build, something I'm definitely going to check out in a little more detail later today.

I can't come up with a specific reason right now why this wouldn't work. However, keep in mind that there is indeed a major difference between playing in creative / single user or on a multiplay server. The main problem, Awesome said as much already above: timing. Best example I can come up with: take one chest and 2 hoppers to divide the contents over 2 other chests. This will work either way. Then add another "splitter" to those two new chests and you'll notice it no longer splits the contents in half but one hopper will get greedy and pick the whole thing up. Even though it works in creative.

I'm not sure but I suspect that something similar is happening here. Either way, I'm going to test this later on, can even test on Utopia which is usually a very relaxed server (I assume that the less players you have the less stress the server gets and thus it provides the most optimal area for redstone).

Hope this can still help you a little bit right now.
  4. I did find a post from 2012/2013 that single piston T flip flop will not work on EMC. Something that was changed to remove some sort of exploit bug. No worries, just need to use another type. The other is just a bit easier.
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  5. Yea, between servers, and singleplayer something happens. It sucks, but there is other ways of doing it
  6. Could have been from sand gens, I remember someone building one when I first joined only to find out they were banned... xD
    jkjkjk182 and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.
  7. Yea, I got someone banned cause I found one :p
  8. Yep, it was related to that.
  9. The tick of your repeater after the piston creating the short pulse needs to be 3 ticks on a server in order for the server to be able to read it properly
  10. This is what I found when I searched, sounds like a bug was fixed and a code added to always make sticky piston retract.
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/why-doesnt-this-piston-door-work-on-emc.19061/page-2#post-346581

Had meant to add if you wanted to see the build I have in progress, you're welcome to visit. I am on smp9. I may get this portion completed later tonight.
    ShelLuser likes this.