Rebalancing the Empire Economy [slow induce]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jan 22, 2014.

?

Thoughts on stimulating the economy (Note: Decision made, see post)

Leave it alone (please provide evidence/reasoning) 63 vote(s) 25.2%
Gradual increase until 10x lift 37 vote(s) 14.8%
Gradual increase until 25x lift 22 vote(s) 8.8%
Gradual increase until things are healthy and stable 105 vote(s) 42.0%
Don't care either way. 23 vote(s) 9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If the whole point in this is to give larger range of prices for the lower items, why not just reinstate the original decimal rupee system?
    bloodra1n, cddm95ace and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. That would be cool, I could then charge the .X's per stuff, really bringing in competition :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Jeb did not say that he was removing the nerf. He clearly only stated
    "Mob farms are item dupes in my opinion, but I'm not an idiot who ignores a 1500 posts long uproar on reddit... "
    He did not state that we was going to unnerf it.
    607, bloodra1n, Equinox_Boss and 3 others like this.
  4. I believe decimals scare people more than this will.
  5. This is so cool. The only thing that I can see wrong is that players could obtain a monopoly on servers . To combat this the emc shop could lower its prices about 10%. This would make sure Aikar doesn't let there be one evil overlord for shops. I also think the bonuses should be made available to older players. This is fairer as most promos are available to people and the new tutorial prizes also allowed to be got. I'd just like to Aikar troll the economy just to prove what everyone is thinking. But thats just my humble GCSE Business Studies opinion on this subject.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. they worked perfectly well for us back in the day...
    bloodra1n and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. Seeing that EMC is gaining more "younger" people, they may not be as excited for decimals as others.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Right, I didn't intend an immediate 25x increase if chosen, and while 10x could maybe be doable for immediate, likely would start at 5x still anyways.
    Equinox_Boss and queendiva1 like this.
  9. Just to re-iterate, current rupee values would not be adjusted, nor would everything happen so quickly.

Now, if you bought diamonds now then sold them 6 months later, then yes profit will be made.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Decimals also causes problems with internal storage and would require changing a lot of EMC code.
  11. I think you should wait for the 1.8 update, and get dragon tombs out of the way before this. Reasons?

1) 1.8 may help the economy by nerfing villager breeding, villager trading, and iron golem nerfs.
    2) Dragon tombs has a chance to affect the economy.
  12. I was going to say something like that but was afraid of getting it wrong, which I would have.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Equinox_Boss and hashhog3000 like this.
  13. Well, though it has been nerfed, again, with a few adjustments and a loss of afking, farms will still work just fine. So if every iron farm user were to do this, then iron and gold prices wouldn't go up an enormous amount. I think that a slow inflation would definitely help the iron and gold economies, nerfed or not. The nerfing is honestly the smallest of the issues in this thread, in my opinion. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Changing daily bonuses takes minutes...

And DT would be limited to the Dragon Egg market only.

And sorry but no economic decisions will be made based on a Dragon Egg lol...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Link to change?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Equinox_Boss and hashhog3000 like this.
  17. That was reverted, I'm talking about round 2 at the changes.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. OK, is the strategy to just increase the primary sources of rupee input into the economy?
    +Daily Bonus & +Voting (Remind me if there's anything else major)
    Do we also increase the sizes of the rupee drains?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Yup, this sums it up entirely. Though there has a big uproar, I feel that the only thing lost in this process is the ability to afk without making a lag-splosion. Once people get over that and realize that they could afk for short periods of time without too much damage, I feel that though the economy will be changed a bit, it won't be too affected. After all, how much iron do people have just sitting in their chests? If that stuff went to selling, then there really wouldn't be too significant of a difference.

EDIT: Oh, you want the other stuff. Not sure who has that exact link. Sky? :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. I believe there is a design where you throw a snowball at a golem, the golem falls into lava and you "technically" killed it so you get iron. If you wire it up and bind your right click to something else, you can pull of an AFK machine with the cost of pure snow.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.