Re-Appeal to Bonus Chest

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Roslyn, Jul 10, 2015.

?

Good idea or Stay same as is?

Love it! 23 vote(s) 60.5%
Needs some minor regulations 6 vote(s) 15.8%
Better off as staying a outlawed item 9 vote(s) 23.7%
  1. I completely agree with you. But, the staff, in the past, have made it clear that the blind sales rule is on that there will be no exceptions made for. The only way to be able to buy any version of blind items would be to rid them of that blind aspect. I feel that most collectors who don't have these would rather have something, rather than nothing, even if it means having a slightly altered version of the original.

I don't know about you, but if I was craving a Dutch apple pie, but was only able to have a regular apple pie, I would still eat the regular apple pie.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  2. You're missing the entire point here. The thing is, these bonus chests have the same name and lore, but nobody can actually guarantee that they have the same items inside of them. The reason why some of them don't stack is because they're all different types. Therefore, making dud versions of these is logical, while making dud versions of anything else is illogical.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  3. The point here is, people know exactly what they are buying. They are buying a promo "Bonus Chest." It's up to them if they open it or keep it on a wall, the point is they are buying a chest to have the chest. People want to collect these things, and at this point are less likely to open them. There are people who missed this event, and there are people who simply want more.

It's more than stupid to prevent those collectors from participating in this trade, especially when they know exactly what they are buying. It's a waste of time to code a copy that basically is devalued because it does literally nothing. That time should be spent on getting name changes that we're 5 months behind on.

When the event happened, this ban of selling them was somewhat understandable. People were able to exploit the chests and sell the less desirable ones to people who wanted to open them. Someone could figure out the chest had, say, emeralds in it, while the person buying it was buying it in hopes of Marlix Armor.

These should be sold to anyone with the desire to buy them for their collectible value. They should have a simple warning in the forum marketplace telling buyers that staff can't help them if they're opened and the item was not something they wanted. It would take 15 minutes to add, people can buy them, and players are happy because the market isn't limited.
  4. I like this Idea, but the thing is, people are having an argument over it. BlinkyBinky told me, and she was right.
  5. I have a problem with this Thread. There's an argument about who gets this. BlinkyBinkt told me about it, and she wasn't lying.. I think there needs to be an end to this argument. I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but it's true. I must say what is true. Also, I'm sorry I reported this Thread, but I had to if there was an argument in this Thread, I think it should be closed. I don't like Threads' with arguments, those threads are just bad.
  6. Don't see how any of it is/was an argument. Looks more like a lively debate.
  7. I say we should be able to sell them.
    Gawadrolt and BailiB like this.
  8. Yee, there's usually a fine line between argument and debate in these scenarios, but I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that the words we're throwing are for progress's sake, not specifically to harm.
  9. First off, I didn't think the issue was that people were selling something where the contents were unknown, I thought the issue was people were selling the ones that had essentially worthless contents. :p
    I mean, at this point we should all pretty much know what is inside of our Bonus Chest Paper Weights.

Second, I highly doubt there will be any circumstance in which these were allowed to be sold or traded, because not everyone will agree on one answer.

I did however have a wonderful idea: Just remove the code that says you can open them. :) but like I said, not everyone would agree on that. lol

-ET
  10. Don't remove the code i still have and unopened marlix bow and momentus toothpick.
  11. Oh just leave the stupid things sale-banned. Yeesh. :rolleyes:
    jkjkjk182, Deadmaster98 and Gawadrolt like this.
  12. Personally, the way I see it, is the fact that people will not necessarily disclose this information. To a new player or player who does not know about bonus chests, they will not necessarily know the risk they are taking. With any other object, you know what you are buying. By doing this, you open risk. A player can not disclose the risk, and there is not much to do to enforce it.

On the other hand, you can still sell mob farms and the same applies.

For now, -1
    Kephras and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  13. No disrespect intended, but are ya crazy? lol

That's like putting 200k in an account that you cannot access.
  14. <removed - Baradar67>

...Anyway, I think it says a great deal about this topic simply from the title of the thread: "Re-"Appeal. The chests were already nixed, multiple times, and I don't see it changing this time by trying to make a Gentleman's Agreement that the contents of the chests should be ignored because some collectors are still keeping theirs in mothballs.
    A small reminder: The chests can't be sold, but they can traded, given away, mailed, and otherwise traded - the rules simply state you cannot accept payment for them, owing to the "blind" contents. If you're after rupees, open them and sell the contents - if you're a collector, then don't.

Disclaimer: I make no secret I have zero sympathy for the "promo market." You can't log on during a holiday or event anymore without ten people trying to buy whatever the next promo is, and I'm glad staff finally put their foot down hard on this one.
    Deadmaster98, Gawadrolt and khixan like this.
  15. At this point I can't see where anyone would even think to sell these with the intent of scamming people? I completely understand making it against the rules to sell them, not that i believe that prevented the sale of them anyways. However, at this point if you don't know what a bonus chest is, it is very unlikely that you will run across one or one that is for sale for that matter. I can't imagine there is really that many out there. The event wasn't that long and with items like diamond vouchers, marlix bows and momentus toothpicks I would have a really hard time believing there is a whole lot of them. The people that would have got scammed for them when they did come out are people that would have no access to dragon eggs. The people that do are probably the ones that are going to want the useless renamed chest anyways. Kind of like the useless(at this point) dragon egg.

Oh and the renaming exchange thing is a GREAT idea. No one is going to turn in one that they know has something valuable in it, eliminate that argument for the ones that still have unopened chests with valuable stuff in them(WHY?!?) and you can rename the chest to 2015 300k event bonus chest or whatever so that it signifies what event it was from so that in the future these annoying chests may be able to be used again by staff like aikar hinted at being a possibility.
  16. I think this is great to be honest, but the rules towards them should be strict so there is no scamming.
    BailiB likes this.

17. I happen to have 12 my own self, not to mention people who have several alts. I opened some, and kept some in order to re-sell later, and to have a physical reminder of the event. Just my own 12 are already more than a good majority of rare EMC items. I definitely know I wasn't the only one to keep some.

Many of you are forgetting the small team we have that works on code, and how it literally took us a year to get on 1.8 (when many servers were on it weeks after it came out, even after the whole Bukkit ordeal). We need that time dedicated to fixing other bugs and moving us into name changes, not to ruin an entire promo.

People who do decide to purchase these chests are likely veteran players or collectors, like I mentioned above, people want the chests. People want a physical representation of the event. If they open it, it no longer carries the promo aspect and people end up with a bunch of dud items, like enchant books, that hold no meaning towards the event.

We should stop babying people who can't rightly think for themselves. At this point in time, people know that others were exploiting the chests, and that people can easily tell what's inside of them. If they make the purchase to open the chest instead of keeping it, and end up with items that they're unhappy with, it's their own faults.

What's the difference between this and giving admin to a player on your res? There's literally a warning telling you staff can't help you if something undesirable happens, how is this any different? You're making a choice for an unexpected outcome. If you're concerned that people won't tell others, then make it a requirement.

An easy solution would be that the chests be sold only on the forums, and the thread used to sell them would HAVE to include a warning. "This chest is for a collectible value only. If you wish to open this chest after purchasing, be warned, the contents are not promised." Something of that nature would be a blatant warning, and *BOOM* people are aware of the risk being taken.

It's not that hard, it's not rocket science, but at this point in time you're limiting people who want to actually sell/buy these promos for their collectibility, not for what's inside of them.
  18. /end thread.
  19. I like the idea in general, but I don't think it's ever going to work and so I think we're probably better off by having these items outlawed from trading altogether. Although I wish it wasn't so there will always be people who are going to try and circumvent the system. And unfortunately I can only see major issues coming from allowing this.

Player A has a bonus chest and says to player B: "I have a bonus chest, I have no use for it and it might be a nice surprise item. Its yours for 1500rupees". The deal is struck and player B discovers that he has paid 1500rupees for 1 stack of emeralds (just a fictive example). This upsets player B to such extends that he starts reporting player A.

More work for the staff, more risk for upset players and to what end?

And that's not even touching the subject of players who would deliberately try to sell their less useful chests... I see where you're coming from, but I think we're better of without them.

I'm much more in support of the new way which was used during the last promo: click a chest and get its contents directly in your inventory.

Even though it also honestly makes me a little bit sad. Because that moment when a group of us banded together to open up our chests together... Priceless...