Ravager heads

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ChumMiner, Jan 3, 2021.

1. I'm just wondering who has gotten a ravager head. I am only just starting to work on it. But I was wondering about what experiences you all have with them. Wow, I wasn't expecting such a tough fight! I might make a temporary build in the waste between a pillager outpost and a village to work on getting one of those pesky heads.

So who has gotten one so far?
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  2. Exactly what me and Wither did and we both got some. Bring beacons so you get all the bonuses.
    607, ChumMiner and WitherDoggie like this.
  3. I managed to get 2 ravager heads, 14 vindicator heads, and 1 evoker head using our little set up. Diff 7 is the sweet spot in difficulty and having a partner helps take down the raids quickly.
    607, ThaKloned and ChumMiner like this.
  4. Well, it sounds like I have a plan then. Could you clear up a couple of nuances then? I'm wondering about the village. Do the villagers need to survive? Should I protect them? What about lighting up the village? Is it better to light it up to avoid other mobs from spawning?
  5. I don't think the villagers need to survive. I spawned 5 of them in a hole so the village would double as a cat farm. Lighting up the village isn't required, but we lit it up just so zombies and other mobs wouldn't bother us.
    607, ThaKloned and ChumMiner like this.
  6. Thank you both! I've got a plan. I'll be solo for now unless anyone wants to join me and get some heads!
  7. Oh yeah, what luck items did you guys use? Witch's Gem, lucky rabbits, padded fur?
    ThaKloned likes this.
  8. Hey, I just got my first Vindicator head!!! Thanks again guys!
    607, WitherDoggie and ThaKloned like this.
  9. We tried luck items, tried without, weapons with and without fire enchants... didn't really see a difference.

Also be careful of caves. Often a raid member would spawn and/or get stuck in caves and messed things up.
    607, ChumMiner and Sefl like this.
  10. OK, I'm having great success so far and have gotten a few of my target heads. But it seems like Illusioners do not drop heads. Is this the case? I looked over what heads I've gotten so far and compared that to how many kills in my statistics. Then I noticed something interesting. There is no statistic for Illusioners. Can anyone explain?
  11. My bad...I just realized that raids don't spawn Illusioners
  12. The Illusioner is actually unused in vanilla and on EMC it's only an enraged mob that spawns in roofed forest. I've postive that their heads drops are bugged or something.
    607 likes this.
  13. I've got a roofed forest build already for trying to get them. They spawn rarely, but I get one every now and again. But I've never gotten a head.
    ThaKloned and 607 like this.