Rapture, The Remake v2(SMP2)

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by xxANGELWINGSxx, Jan 7, 2012.

1. You won't get a major push unless you create buzz by starting work on the project. " if you build it they will come!"
    However, you should probably wait until the inevitable reset in the near future.
  2. It is to the best of my knowledge that AndrewBuchinger is currently working on a rapture in his smp4 res, check by it sometime :)
  3. I am starting a small rapture like project. I will probably start to make progress on it once i go onto night shift. Since on my days off i will be sitting at home. . alone while everyone sleeps. I have a few double boxes of smooth stone for use at the moment and will be working on glass next in my collection. I am planning to use all indirect lighting.

I have seen another large rapture project before and led it. We didn't do an exact replica but established a few rules to make it end up similar.

1. No more than three levels in one tower can connect to each other.
    2. each tower must connect to other towers nearby in some way
    3. all connection tunnels must be glass topped, planned before the water is dropped, and built after it is dropped (this was to prevent airpockets when the water is dropped)
    4. all towers must have at least one floor that is only accessible from one other tower.
    5. all towers must not become wider as they rise (this was to prevent airpockets when the water is dropped)

The end result was a labrinthine maze of interconnected towers. You could end up in the same tower 3 times and not know it sometimes, the decor floor to floor was drastically different. I decided to rekindle the smaller one on my lot on smp4 because there have been a TON of blocks added since i last approached this project. I did it before colored wool and lapiz. I think it was still alpha last time I hit it up. I am excited about piston doors for the tunnels with pressure plates, light switches, and a few other things I have planned.
  4. i want to help i didn't know anything that you guys are already building when will we build
  5. Good luck, Andrew!
  6. can i help?
    build and gather materials
  7. Thank you, Dragonorb18 and Awsomeantz1, for your donations :p

Edit: Wow. Power outage RIGHT after server restart.

THIS BE A CONSPIRACY YO
  8. OOOOOOooo heeell no
    copyright or something im trying to do the same thing on my res (smp1 941)
    :mad:
    poop u
  9. Oh hell, I might just have to move to SMP2 for this. Bioshock 1 and 2 are my absolute favorite games.

Good luck and I definitely look forward to seeing this progress.
  10. LANDMARK: Lighthouse is done. Just the inside, and then down to the city. 2012-01-21_20.35.42.png
    I can feel the love.