/rant

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AmusedStew, May 18, 2013.

?

What do you think?

This annoys the crap out of me, stop calling it Budder/Butter! 43 vote(s) 56.6%
I Love using the term Budder/Butter! 8 vote(s) 10.5%
I could care less 25 vote(s) 32.9%
  1. Please point out where I make fun of people.
  2. More mature than the people who say budder/butter.
    kevdudeman likes this.
  3. Im going to point out that those who say butter/budder give themselves the negative image. Hes not making fun of you, he is just voicing his opinion about how ridiculous this whole butter/budder thing is.
    People here are mature. Thats why he made the title "/rant". To show what was inside. By clicking on the thread, you knew what you were getting into. By continuing to read and post, you consciously made the choice to be apart of this. The mature thing to do would be to say "You know what, I dont agree with you, but I respect your opinion", instead of trying to label him as someone who makes fun of people, and calling the rest of us who get annoyed by butter/budder immature.

Lead by example. Give your people a good image.
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  4. Called everyone who said it stupid.
    image.jpg
  5. My god this is actually still being debated. I didn't know people actually cared that much about the whole Budder/Butter/Gold thing.

Sky would find this very amusing. I know i do.
  6. He wasn't exactly going the extra mile to be polite. : |
  7. Here's an idea...
    GIVE IT UP
    brickstrike likes this.
  8. Rant-

;Expressing opinions in a rambling or agravated manner.
    rambling and being aggravated usually leads to some sort of rudeness.
  9. First, I need to say that you don't start a rant with an end tag. That implies the rant is over by the time the thread starts. The title should have been [rant], (rant), {rant} or <rant>, and ended with an appropriately similar tag. /rant

As for the weird broken-philosophical debate going on here, it essentially breaks down like this:

Everyone who sees this thread and defends "budder" is doing it for the sole purpose of being contrary. It takes you longer to type "budder" and you're more likely to be misunderstood. AmusedStew asked you to stop because it bothered him, a sentiment clearly shared by many others on this website, but you're just so "loyal" to Sky that calling beautiful impure 'Au' something like "Gold" is nothing short of blaspheme.

If you call it "budder" because of its color, just remember; Diamonds are not blue and iron is not white. Minecraft didn't go into this with accuracy at the front of the mind. If you call it "budder" because of its durability, gold is stupidly ductile. It won't hold up to being bashed into rocks, creepers, or even sand.

If you call it "budder" solely because someone else does and you will vehemently defend his/her claims of "budderness" to the death, you probably need to assess your priorities.

Fluttershy is best butter. The end.
  10. To the third option in the poll;
  11. BC-US-Abndoned-Donkeys-ref.jpg
  12. brickstrike and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. I laughed so hard.
    brickstrike likes this.
  14. You could say it was;
  15. Oh god... :confused:
    brickstrike likes this.
  16. I have the same reaction when I see "jealous" being spelled "jelly". If someone asked me if I was "jelly" in real life....then I might get in serious trouble for what I would do to their face. With my fist. Several times.
  17. Well, will you turn their face into Jelly?