Random Quotes and Sayings Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Illuminooty, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Why do people measure life by years instead of how good the years were? -Gabriel Iglesias
    you are 1 person, out of 7 billion people, on 1 planet out of 9 planets, in 1 star system out of 100 billion star systems, in 1 galaxy out of 100 billion galaxies and you are ENORMOUSLY insignificant
    I have yet to determine which is more frightening, the possibility there may be other life in the universe, or the possibility that we are entirely alone.
    Never discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. -Plato
    The worst part of censorship is ***** *****.
    It's okay if you disagree with me, I can't force you to be right.
    I never trust anyone who's more exited about success that about doing the thing they want to be successful at.
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
    You can run, but you'll only die tired. -Boba Fett
    There are several reasons why dolphins can't speak english.
    Fear is the mother of mortality.
    War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
    The moment you give up something, your opponent is enjoying victory.
    My life is so much more interesting inside my head.
    Your life is yours and yours alone, rise up and live it.
    Build a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    Maybe broccoli doesn't like you either.
    Why not Zoidberg?
    Not only do i not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if i did. -George Carlin
    Rock bottom, I've hit rock bottom, what's a guy to do? i certainly can't head upward, so I'll try digging though!
    Don't let your dreams be dreams -You know who it is
    Waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka waka -Pac-man
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somwhere else in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    WARNING! Jumping into toxic waste does not give you super powers.
    Friends are like trees, they're allergic to chainsaws
    Don't worry, or worry, but know that worrying is just as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. -Baz Luhrmao
    The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise
    Volcanoes are dangerous and hazardous to your health.
    If you never failed, you never tried anything new.
    Glorious PC master race, may our frame rates be high and our temperatures low.
    No one on the corner has swagger like us.
    I'm doing an internet!
    Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case i will eat a cookie. -Cookie Monster
    Just because i don't care doesn't mean i don't understand -Homer Simpson
    The risk i took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
    Ninjas can't catch you if you have an army of fire zombies at your command.
    Give a man a truth and he will think for a day, Teach a man to reason and he will think for a lifetime.
    Turtles are chill, be like a turtle.
    Dude, suckin' is the first step to being sorta good at something.
    I punched a goat once, it died.
    iGTR, Jelle68 and 607 like this.
  2. "Anime's real, right?"
  3. Laughed out loud multiple times while reading those, thanks xD
  4. If cats were horses, we could ride up trees
    iGTR and DatFoxMan like this.
  5. "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life." -Steve Jobs (1955-2011)
  6. This is not a quote, but, Annyway, Steve Jobs died cause a he had a NET (neuroendocrine tumor) on his pancreas (I know this cause my mother had the same thing) at the moment he died there alredey were PRRT cures but he didn't want them cause it is using radioactive lutetium, he wantet to be operated, the docters said that whould be "risky but possible" and as they said "riskey" he died during the operation.

and now a Quote:
    "I'm a Canadian, that's an Amirican without guns" ~Dave Foley.
    "In Japan, they're driving left, at China, they're driving right, at Viatnam, nobodey cares" ~P.J. O'Rourke.
    iGTR likes this.
  7. "Remember, remember the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I see no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot."

Happy 5th of November.
  8. TRUST is like a paper once it's crumpled it CAN'T be perfect AGAIN.
    iGTR likes this.
  9. This is an old thread, but awesome threads don't deserve to die.

A family member was once having problems at the airport while preparing for his flight home. When he went to get help over an issue, he and the worker got into a friendly chat. Here's how part of it went:
    Airport Worker: "What do you do for a living?"
    Family Member: "I'm a minister at a local church."
    Airport Worker: "Huh. Say something churchy, then."
    Family Member: "Well, after I finish talking, I'm going to take up a collection."
    iGTR, iNachos10, 607 and 2 others like this.
  10. I love quotes so here's my fav one. "Life is like a story and all good stories must end. Just make your story a good one to remeber."
    iGTR likes this.
  11. "42" - super computer
    Keliris likes this.
  12. "Meow" - my cat
  13. "Listen: there's a hell of a good universe next door. Let's go."
  14. "I don't write a great song every day. I don't write a great song every couple weeks. It comes in such random times." ~Macklemore

15. This is one of my most favourite quotes from Mother Teresa Just because she was one with god doesn't mean you can't follow this
  16. 'He Who Lives and runs away lives to run another day' Or 'Life's to short, Take every opportunity'