Raid farm question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LostGecko, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Hi all,

I built a raid farm over an ocean using the Logical Geek Boy design and I am having a few issues with it. Firstly only 1 maybe 2 of the raid phases spawn and according to the tutorial all 5 should spawn. Also when reactivating the raid, by dropping down and then coming back up a bubble vator it often fails and removes the bad omen effect.

I did build this farm prior to the 1.18 update and it worked without problem so I don't know if any of the mechanics have changed ?

Any help would be great.
  2. I had some problems with this awhile back. It was working great at first but something on emc changed. I think Chickeneer said he was going to make the amount of raid phases determined by your difficulty level but I never saw anything about it in subsequent patch notes. In game however, I have had more raid phases occur at higher difficulty levels (about 6 or 7, I haven't dared to try 8 or higher). It would be nice to know the exact details of what got changed. It would also be nice to have raids enabled in the /frontier. I don't know why they were even disabled there.

Did you rebuild the exact farm design after the 1.18 in the /waste?
    607 and LostGecko like this.
  3. Yes built it on smp3 east. It’s about 1200 blocks east of the outpost and the pillager tower is 300 blocks south of the farm if you want to give it a try
  4. Because of the age of the Frontier, villages aren't all the same design or even all available to the game code to be considered as a village. How many tons of villages are around based on doors and not beds.... so no Frontier villages. Makes sense if you think about it.
    607 likes this.
  5. All that's required to start a raid is a single villager who is attached to a single bed. That counts as a village as far as "bad omen" is concerned.
  6. I had asked Chickeneer about this quite a while ago and according to him the only thing that could be done is to make more rounds based on difficulty. He was kicking around the idea of doing something but certainly didn't commit and then of course a couple updates came along. Not much you can do at this point. One totem a series of rounds.