[QUIZ] Chance to win a game. [quiz ended]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BigDavie, May 25, 2017.

1. You and 128 others:D.

To tell you the truth I also thought the answer was 2nd place because I read it as running in a race, so sure I was I never even checked the answer on the site I got it from. It wasn't until one person answered correctly, with a brief description of why it was correct, that I realised I misread the question. I confirmed the correct answer on the site. I then checked and double checked the other questions but all the correct answers were as I thought. The site was British and as a Brit myself I have never referred to taking part in a race as running a race. Might be similar to how I would say 150 as 'one hundred and fifty' but other non-brit English speakers would say 'one hundred fifty'. As it is I am sticking to the answer given.

On the topic of convoluted question this one was suggested to me:

You are in a room. The walls ceiling and floor are solid concrete. There is no door and no window. The room is bare except for a table, a mirror on one wall and a naked lightbulb hanging from it's power cord. The light is on allowing you to see clearly in the room. How do you escape?

You look at the table then look in the mirror at where you saw the table. Take the saw and saw table in half. Take the two halves and put them together making the table whole. Use the hole on a wall to escape.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. I think if I were making any kind of point, it'd be that there's two correct answers to that particular question, but mind you I'm not contesting the outcome of your contest ;)

I'm familiar with that one as well, although I'd forgotten the exact "answer."
    I'd also like to slap whoever came up with it for word-crimes against humanity.
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  3. I initially thought #12 was 1st place instead of 2nd and thought that was the "trick" so I never considered that the alternate meaning of running was the correct answer in #12 either along with the other 127 people who didn't Google the "correct" answer. It reminds me of when I used to ask my kids, "What is black and white and red all over?". I had three answers: A newspaper, a sunburned zebra, and an embarrassed penguin. The "correct" answer would be whatever one they didn't choose.
    UltiPig, Kephras and 607 like this.