questions about alts

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Zbid, Jan 29, 2018.

1. So, from what I gather, it seems I should get an Alt.
    But I only have a vague idea on how to do that.So here are my alt-noob's questions :

I have to create a mojang account under the alt name, is that it? Does that mean I will have to buy another copy of Minecraft -a requirement to have a mojang account-?

And once I have that other account, I should register it on EMC, and declare it as an alt, but where and to whom?
    Equinox_Boss and JDHallows like this.
  2. You could make the name like "TheBidule#1" or some alteration of your name so its obvious that it's your alt. Or you can just make it a random name I don't think you have to declare that it's your alt unless you want to

And yes you can buy it off of mojang or some other sketchy places but I recommend mojang so you don't get banned for fake accounts
  3. Using an alt is entirely optional, but it can sometimes offer convenience, extra assets, or just peace and quiet so some players will have one. If you do make an alt, you're under no obligation to make it public/known or to declare it to anyone (although staff will be able to see it's you, that info is never revealed).

Never buy alts from sketchy places for use on EMC, as it's against the rules and, like cam says, those who use them on EMC are banned.
  4. Oooh daz pretty gooid
    Equinox_Boss and TheBinja like this.
  5. I would say only buy from Mojang or trusted retailers because if someone on say eBay sells you an account they could just get the transaction id and original email and get the account reset and you can do nothing about it. Stick to buying accounts from Mojang or places like Walmart where you could get the gift card account code.
  6. yup, done (as you guessed :D ). Mojang knows me twice, now...
  7. Congrats on the not so stealthy Binja
  8. Haha, that's cool!
  9. Welcome to the Empire! Hope you'll enjoy your stay.

If you have any problems or questions please ask TheBidule, I'm sure he'll be more than anxious to help :D

(I so couldn't resist this) :)

(edit):

Now that you have an alt maybe a bit of useful advice: don't let them steal your stuff! :D It wouldn't be the first time when I used "TheOtherShell" to put some items in a chest on its own res., somehow totally forgetting all about it and then months later suddenly discover stuff which I thought I'd lost quite some time ago.

I usually blame Herobrine taking over, it's the only explanation which makes sense :)
  10. heehee I read this, then went in-game to my alt's res. That's where my pickaxes went :rolleyes:
  11. Well, I use my alt's residences for other things...

CinemaWins-1 (4343): My unfinished mall
    CinemaWins-2 (4363): My yet-to-be started farming residence (OK, I haven't started yet because I just got it less than a month ago!)
    Equinox_Boss, Yixomua and TheBidule like this.
  12. I actually have pretty much ALL my stuff on my alt's res (859), even my dear promos. ;) (no, it doesn't have derelict protection, yes I have all my promos on my non derelict protected alt's residence)

---

But, it seems like you've figured out how to get an alt. :D Now you can go use it for all kinds of things, including, but not limited to:
    - more reses
    - being in more locations at once
    - funny conversations
    - more voting
    - more more

:)

Have fun! :)
  13. Congrats on the new alt :D
    We3_MPO and TheBidule like this.
  14. That's a solid name. I approve. :p
    TheBidule and 607 like this.
  15. *the tiny bit of face seen behind the shozoku blushes*
    well, you know... us being master of infiltration and all... They'll never guess!
    607 likes this.