question about drop party droppers

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by CDJS, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just a quick question about the placement of my droppers.. they will be facing downward, and my ceiling is two blocks thick.
    If i inset the droppers one block will my items derp? Should the droppers be flush with the ceiling or would they be ok recessed?

Edit: I forgot to mention the ceiling is leaves.. which seems to maybe matter..
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  2. I would recommend just testing it out both ways to see if things work better one way or the other. Testing it with a single dropper and watching how things fall should work pretty well.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  3. You know what they say: when in doubt get creative.

If I understood right then you're trying to get the dropper to place the item through the leave ceiling? I just tried this myself in creative mode but I don't think it will work the way you intended it. When I trigger the dropper the items don't come out at the bottom (so 'through' the leaves below it) but instead shoot out somewhat sideways.

However, I can make it work when I don't place any blocks in front of the dropper.

So yeah, best way to be sure is to give it a try... Just be sure to keep shears on you so that you can retrieve the leaves if needed.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  4. I would be glad to come have a look and tell you how I think it will run , and give constructive criticism :) PM me in game if you want me to check it out
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  5. Flush with the ceiling seems ideal, but I have made droppers push items up one block through a solid block and down one block through glass, and both seemed to work (mostly) fine. You could try other transparent blocks besides leaves or even a solid block? Leaves are a weird semi-transparent block so they might cause odd behavior. I can play with this later on if the party's not today.
    Drop parties can be made more fun by spreading out the droppers and obscuring some from view. I like what you're trying to do.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  6. Thanks everyone! I just finished the ceiling layer (its on utopia so it took forever with all the blocks) Once I clean it up a bit tonight ill be laying down a small test section or two and use what you all have shared with me. Tomorrow I'll change the move flag and get some opinions on where it's at. I'm pretty excited for the build, its a 100 x 100 (ish) hedge maze with a canopy concealing the 'working parts'. I'm planning to debut it in the spring as part of my Alt's launch party.
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
  7. Well it took longer than I had anticipated, but the dropper mechanisms are all in place, and from what I can tell they work great (I'm not sure how and lag will effect the system, that's going to be an opening night surprise I'm afraid). I've changed the move flags, if anyone would like to come by (its /v cdjs1987 2 on utopia) but please pardon the mess! You can drop down any of the holes on property to get to the build. If you'd like a demo, I'm generally on Utopia or Smp9, just pm me....
    SEPTHEKID likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.