Question about building rules

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Chrispified, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Hey.
    I'm wondering if there is a rule against building too close to other people's structures, and how far away is the limit, if one? I asked this ingame a few times and nobody had the full answer.

I'm wondering this because I want to build a bridge across a body of water, to make it easier to travel but there are many random wood and dirt structures placed around the shore.
  2. Lets see if I can help with this...

There is the waste and the wild. The wasteland is more of a place to gather resources rather then building and the wasteland gets reset every 3 months or so. The Wild is the place for building and the wild never gets reset. With building out there you can use an anti-greif system just when you are building make sure /buildmode t is on in that way all your blocks can be protected (/buildmode does not work in the wasteland). if you're thinking about building some sort of town/ farms with other players I would suggest creating an outpost. Link can be found here. Now with making an outpost it must be at least 5,000 blocks away from all EMC Frontier Outposts and must not be within 3,000 blocks of any other groups visually established base but you can also read that in the link. I hope this helped.
    ChespinLover77 and We3_MPO like this.
  3. To my knowledge there isn't really a clear ruling on this other than the unofficial one: always use common sense. So basically also try to look at whatever you're building from another 'angle': could it hinder other players? If so then you might want to move things a little.

But solely judging by your story I think there shouldn't be much of a problem (depending on where you're building of course). Sounds to me as if your build is going to be useful for plenty of players (makes easier access) so it shouldn't be much of an issue.
  4. I can't give an exact answer without knowing the precise location, but if it's reasonably close to spawn, the general answer is that so long as you don't interfere wither other people's builds, you're fine. We're usually a bit looser on people building near other builds when it's by spawn, since we realize that's a hot zone and will have numerous structures scattered here and there.

The story is not the same, however, if the bridge is more than 5k blocks out from spawn, and especially if it's on land claimed by an established outpost. If you send me or another staff member more exact coordinates, we can check that against the list of established outposts to let you know if you are infringing upon claimed land.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. You can also contact the owner of the build(s), if you can figure out who they are to get approval from them. I have done this before and I have had both approval and anther who did not want me to build anything in a spot due to future plans. I think protected blocks automatically tell you who the owner is. Once you know the owner you can do "forum" messages if you can't find them in game.

What I also don't know is what structure or any counts as claimed. I mean, I have at times (rarely due to this possible issue) I have had to repair some land due to a creeper mishap or to make my own life easier moving around. So just some random dirt piles or small paths of something may not be "real builds" but you do have to take care as others stuff is protected.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. I have done community work spontaneously near the Frontier Spawn Outposts. Pathways and some of the abandoned buildings along them were renovated by me.

On SMP8, south of the central Frontier outpost, I repaired and transformed an ice tower and terracotta fort. I gave the bedrock bridge an End aesthetic to guide people to an End Portal.

From how I've approached building and repairs, the feedback is very positive.:cool: I strongly recommend you to explore my builds near the Frontier spawns. If you need to remove protected blocks, ask a moderator.
    • SMP3: Northeastern Nether Portal leading to the Nether Complex.
    • SMP4: Eastern jungle route to the End Portal.
    • SMP5: Eastern Nether
    • SMP6: Western stone bridge to End Portal.
    • SMP8: Southern bedrock bridge towards an End Portal.
    mjnoe70 and We3_MPO like this.
  7. Lol, a couple of the smp1 spawns could use this. A couple are just horrid, I fixed some of one just trying to fix holes in the ground with dirt I got from town but holy cow! Need an event to clean up all the spawns 1 by 1.
    We3_MPO and ForeverMaster like this.
  8. I agree.
    A lot of the damage around every Frontier spawn was caused long before anti-griefing got implemented on EMC. We will definitely need help with the repairs.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. Hi! is there a limit of space between bases in the fronter? If so plz let me know.
  10. 3000 blocks away from any visuable structure if you want to establish it as far as I can remember :p
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. Patr1cV and We3_MPO like this.
  12. Thank you both for helping me.
    haastregt and We3_MPO like this.
  13. I have also done A LOT of this around SMP4. a lot of these places looked like the surface of the moon but are now forests or farm land. I just hope the big gaping holes in the ground, random dirt blocks and tree bits don't count as player builds.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  14. When I have the time, I will start a new thread to discuss these player phenomenons and other "noobits"
    in the Frontiers (that made-up word of mine won't be in the thread title).
    ydnarwoodard likes this.