Quarantine and Dragon Tombs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bitnibbles, Mar 30, 2020.

1. I am with the majority with people saying that though I would love Dragon Tombs I don't feel it coming anytime soon.
    Cyberazaz101 likes this.
  2. Fortunately, that is exactly what was being done. :)
    607 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  3. To elaborate on this, the EMC Games were planned to come back, but they had been undergoing an overhaul involving getting all the games to be at least semi-automated (in terms of things like timekeeping). They were never quite finished, and in fact they broke (with their architect unfortunately having left the staff team), so that and some other factors pushed back our original timeline. It sucked, but outside our hands. After that, we also knew 1.13 was going to shatter all command blocks, so we elected not to work on the Games until after we updated.

I started working on the EMC Games as soon as we updated to 1.15, and I have actually more or less finished getting 8 out of 9 broken events running so far. All I have left (besides some basic anti-command-block-breakage safety tweaks I want to implement) is the infamous Villager Tennis event. Huge progress has been made. Just like with the updates, there is going to have to be a testing period once it's all done with, but this has not been forgotten, and solid progress has been made on it.

TL;DR I can't and won't promise an actual date, but get your SMP Spirit Wear ready, because the EMC Games are finally getting closer.
  4. There has also been a history of rewards taking extremely lengthy amounts of time to be given to players. For example, builder's wands have taken over 6 months to be given previously. This is most definitely a factor of why people are losing interest in the server. If this activity keeps happening, players could be deterred.
  5. I'm gonna say the rest of what you posted has already been started at length for the description. As for this request, last November, WHAT? Why wouldn't you just message me about this like the instructions say? No one even uses that form anymore...pm me info please.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. He shouldn't have to haha
    Defeats the purpose of the form
    607 and HazardousCode like this.
  7. People want the e g g s
    KatydidBuild, OhMiku and bitnibbles like this.
  8. When people don't remind others and there's a lot going on, yeah a prize may be forgotten about or issues could hold it up. But don't forget about the hundreds sent out manually within days of finalizing. There's a lot that goes on. And I've already expressed before I wish we could mark inbox messages as unread, but we can't. So I look at something at work or on my phone and can't get to it immediately and it slipped through. Just bump it and work with me considering our limitations.
    607 and OhMiku like this.
  9. I'm saying the form is obsolete. No one uses it any more.
    It wasn't even migrated to the new tracking system I have for the other one.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  10. I shouldn't have to. If you are not going to check the form why do you have it available. Plus its a google form. Nothing stopping you from setting it up to email you each time there is an entry.
    bitnibbles likes this.
  11. It isn't easy to obtain the builder's wand. It's one of the harder items to achieve in Empire Minecraft. After the players' hard work, they probably were expecting a reward. (soon at least.) Being a community manager and hosting important events and competitions, you'd think that you'd have the rewards ready for the winners very soon or at least at that very moment of winning. But of course this was never the case. instead, it ended up taking months for items that would only take a few minutes for you to distribute via your admin powers.
  12. The instructions say to contact me if you don't have it fulfilled within a few days. You want to get mad at me for dropping a few balls, but if you dropped the ball too by not following the instructions. There's a reason that statement exists: to take care of these rare circumstances as my safety net. So just message me and I can take care of it.

As for the builders wand, there have been a few rare situations in which prizes were delayed. I don't remember the particular circumstances that led to that delay, but I do know it hasn't been a common occurrence and I can't change the past. The recent events have had extra effort to be quick, even when sending hundreds of items. I can only change the future.
  13. So no apologies, no admission of guilt. I find it unacceptable for something linked to a monetary value to have a redemption/exchange system that is not maintained, monitored and migrated to new system when there is a new system. As an item that has a monetary value, EMC has the duty of making sure this undergoes proper redemption/exchange methods.

Why have a form at all if its not going to be monitored by any means? I didn't PM you as I find it unhelpful to be in the mountains of pm you probably get and to test out how long it would take for you (as it is you only that can do this as you refuse to share the load with other staff) to even look into it. If you are not going to monitor the form why not just decommission it and have another method of redemption and exchange put in place. Preferably one that works.
    bitnibbles likes this.
  14. I said things get missed and the messaging system is my safety net. That's the admission right there.

For something that you deemed so important, you couldn't take the time to help me out and send a message like plenty others have followed the instructions to do? Seems like you're stacking the deck against the system here.

That form is not monitored/used any more. That's what I've been trying to tell you. If you had messaged me I could tell you that. Regardless, I await your message.
    OhMiku and Cyberazaz101 like this.
  15. I will submit request by PM. In the meantime please fix the following as there is no instruction to contact you for exchange or completely remove the form as this is misinformation.
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/exchanging-supporter-vouchers/

16. I'll have it changed by the wiki editing crew to reflect it being obsolete. I've had so many exchanges through pm and the other form that I didn't realize there was misinformation still present.
    607 likes this.
  17. i feel like the market for these is so saturated now though from more enraged and etc.

can we just have like a rupee sink that removes some from the active market for the time being? then they can go back to be rare over time? doesnt even have to be crazy just like 900 for a shard 8000 for a stone? could revitalise the economy a little too?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  18. yes, i could have, but let me walk you through this one, and why your comment in particular annoyed me.

firstly,
    chicken and krysyy and several other normal players pointed out why dragon tombs isn't going to happen, yet you somehow managed to completely ignore them because you wanted to live in a perfect world where everyone keeps their promises. dragon tombs is a long term goal for emc, like i said, the community voted and now it is last on the development. you'd know this if you actually read the thread, or even my comment before being upset that i didnt use a kind tone.

secondly,
    promising dragon tombs in 2012 was a mistake, there is no debate about that. people make mistakes, and this is one of them. many of the older emc members, myself included, have just accepted that dragon tombs isnt happening any time soon. this is because we understand that promising dragon tombs in 2012 was a mistake. your idealistic world where every promise is kept does not exist.

third, you outlined perfectly why i said "people like you". you came into this thread with no knowledge beforehand, and told chicken to do dragon tombs because "people need to keep their promises". the understanding you needed was already in the thread, couldnt you have just.. read it?

just.. in the future, try gathering an understanding of what you are talking about, before trying to jump into the discussion. it makes me very annoyed when people who don't know what they are talking about try to join in any debate, this is no exception. have a great day!

now i have to read through the rest of this thread to tell other people that they are wrong.
    FadedMartian and Nickblockmaster like this.
  19. bite that is the opposite of a rupee sink. a rupee sink takes rupees out of the economy, not put them in. this would be an item sink for dragon stones. the economy does not need more rupees in it.

cool, you say this, but this isnt a common occurence. ive won special items in the past and have had them given to me almost instantly, and the special items from the halloween events etc. are usually handed out in fair time. nitpicking isnt going to help you, it just makes you even more wrong.
  20. i disagree, the middle class of emc is poorer than ever while the rich hoarders get richer, but that does not mean the emc economy is okay, it means the casual players that dont participate in the economy spend more propping up the big shops.

additionally you understood what i meant without the semantics behind it its a rupee sink to the person i was talking to (who wasnt you) because krysyy essentially is the economy, the economies rupees are being redistributed back to the players.
    FadedMartian and SkareCboi like this.