[PROJECT] Rivendell

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by jacob5089, Jan 2, 2014.

1. some can start terraforming and prepare the grounds for the second part of rivendell on the mountainflank.
    It is handy to look a lot on the internet to the style and buildings + combine it with my block combinations.
    This will need to be a place for living + bathing, but there isn't much space to do so
  2. So, whilst waiting for the "new-types-of-stones-update" i have made yet another building
    this is the start-off of the second group of buildings

seen from our newest tower:
    farawayview.jpg

a sideview:
    profileview.jpg

and some basic interior:
    interiornewest.jpg
    Galantisizer likes this.
  3. By the way, shouldn't this thread be moved to the wilderness outposts forum?
  4. Why?
  5. because it's kinda an outpost really
  6. update on the second complex, still waiting for nice new stone types for interiors. Ideas for patterns for floors and interior are always welcome the-council.jpg
    apothecy and 607 like this.
  7. How are you planning to use the new stone variants?
  8. floors, parts of towers, places that are nearby water will need mossy stone types, some chiseled stone types for making some buildings more interesting, ya know, stuff like that
    607 likes this.
  9. but for now, I'll be waiting for the new update in town and continue work on my own res (that probably never get finished cuz of massive interior)
    jacob5089 likes this.
  10. I have now resumed the works on the rivendell outpost for a week already, I looted an ocean monument with shade554 for the special stonetypes and the sea lanterns. 3 main buildings (conference room, feast hall and hospital) are finished.
    Also I added some fancy pathways with the sea lanterns as lighting, so outside the buildings I only use white light and inside buildings torches.

As the main buildings are coming to a stage where they only need interior decoration I now search for some assistance from a few people from the community.

Every empire citizen who coƶperates in this project shall be given a role or 'job' like carpenter, blacksmith, doctor, botanist, brewer, librarian, scientist, etc....
    Also they shall receive a house or workspace that suits that job and blends into the style of the town. Of course you can help with the building or do it yourself as long as it stays somewhat relevant.
    But for making this project happen I need some people who really want to stay here for at least a week or at least visit occasionally. Too often it happens that someone is really enthusiastic when they arrive, but lose interest after 2 days and never come back again.

So anyone who wants to help with exteriors or interiors or landscaping, gardening, decorating, resource gathering or even wants to help by donating materials, please contact me or leave a answer in this thread.

The road to get here is to be reminded when I show you, it's a subtle path through the nether that takes 10mins to walk.
  11. I think it's that you're continuing this! :)
  12. I apologize for being the one to say this, but you just made a triple-post. Please combine all three posts into one.

Good job! Looks awesome.
  13. Well, I would have combined it if there wasn't a year between the posts, I just started again after a year of doing other projects.
    jacob5089, 607 and Galantisizer like this.
  14. Sorry, I did not realize the time between each post, I merely looked and thought, "Oh my gosh, triple-post!"

Edit: However, there is a quad post.

As you were. :)
  15. If there's more than 3 hours between posts, it's perfectly fine, and in fact better, because else people will miss things, because edits don't cause alerts.
    Galantisizer likes this.
  16. . . .

Ok.
  17. There is a quad post, however, each one of those posts, except for one, is over five days apart at minimum. I'm assuming that the one that was posted on the same day was more than an hour apart, however, I cannot confirm this, as it was over a year ago.
    Galantisizer likes this.
  18. We're kinda getting off the subject here
    607 and jacob5089 like this.
  19. Sorry about that