Project: GTA Fan Made

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by finch_rocks_1, Mar 18, 2018.

1. As many of you know, I have been working on a project with Lumberyard building an Open World Game like GTA, Saints Row, and Far Cry. The game is built across a land mass 9x larger than GTA V's map. The way the game is able to work is with a custom implanted code where you only render a certain distance, and past that area its unloaded in the same way Minecraft Works.

The Map features, Mountains, Snowy Biomes and Mountains, Deserts, Swamps, Cities, Farmland, and much much more. The game also features GTA V, GTA IV, and GTA Vice City.
    Although those are included they are customized and altered to be in compliance with Take2 Interactive Software. The project name GTA Fan Made is allowed as Take2 Interactive does not own the word GTA as its a word used for a city location where rockstar has a office (Greater Toronto Area). All parts of my game are in compliance with Take2 Interactive, Lumberyard terms and Legal.

Once I finish some of the Cities, and New locations and all, I will do a sneak peak video. Once that video is released I will also open a site to keep up-to-date and talk on the forums.

What I am looking for is Options for Additional Game Names, as well as Idea's and Feature requests you would want to see.

Note this is not the place to start Drama, Complain, start comments about legal without the facts of what i have stated and with the fact i have a notice with Take2 Interactive... Also This is not the place to comment saying its too large of a project and starting negativity...

Here is a WIP Terrain of the map:

This Game is made and under Copy Right by Finch Studios, Ontario Canada. All Rights Reserved!
  2. I will also be adding hundreds of cars into the game, and will need names for all those as well for anyone who wants to join the Name Wagon!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Hey this is neet =P
    We3_MPO and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  4. I'm not a fan of GTA, but I am a fan of game development, so I'm looking forward to progress updates. :)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. Its a Semi slow Dev as its done on my free time at work, and when i am awake/have time after work, but i also do it on the weekend. Right now working on the northern area that includes the snowy mountains, normal mountains, small farms, and GTA IV Rebuilt, edited, altered and all.
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.
  6. Bump,

Made some progress in the 1 hour free time after work. Started rebuilding the GTA IV Map Rough Altered! Ignore the FPS, thats not right, I really get a couple hundred.

We3_MPO likes this.
  7. Sorry to bump an old thread, but it's looking good so far!
    Sydney4363 likes this.