Project Dark Forest

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by 8comimi, Mar 5, 2014.

?

Which server do you want the forest to be on?

Smp1 8 vote(s) 27.6%
Smp2 1 vote(s) 3.4%
Smp3 1 vote(s) 3.4%
Smp4 5 vote(s) 17.2%
Smp5 4 vote(s) 13.8%
Smp6 3 vote(s) 10.3%
Smp7 4 vote(s) 13.8%
Smp8 2 vote(s) 6.9%
Smp9 1 vote(s) 3.4%
  1. Oh, well thank you very much. :)
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  2. It has been decided with a good 7 votes :p that the forest will be built on smp1! I will now work on gathering materials and make a spot on my residence for all of you helping me to put the items that are needed. Also, a large amount of smooth stone, cobble stone, and gravel will be needed as a road through the forest. I will create a private convo with everyone involved as well. :)

By the way, I never got any feedback on what you guys thought of the example that I have on my residence on Utopia.
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  3. you should make it on smp7, we need somthing to attract people to our lovely smp
  4. But democracy
    Edit: As in the people have casted the vote. Although, if you can get the smp7 vote to beat smp1 in the next few days (since we haven't started building yet) we could build it on smp7. As long as the vote went over smp1's vote in the next few days.
    Qwerty189 and fluffinator09 like this.
  5. Ok, so I recently realized that I have a big project that I am building up with qwerty18 and it kind of dependds on me to be on my home server (smp1) to transport items to and fro from each server. So I was thinking about a different server to put it on and I thought smp9.

Reason: My reason for having the idea of putting it on smp9 is because it is more populated, I don't do anything on that server, and because of the bigger population people might use it more maybe? I'm not sure. If you have any disagreements and or ideas about my reasoning, please comment below. I really want this to be something a lot of people will use and enjoy. Oh, and if you like the decision of putting the forest on smp9 or don't, also tell me that below.
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  6. I can help get iron and other stuff,I will help :D
  7. This would be best done in a forest, but I would really like to know the location, also by using nether portals, wil the portals be a very long way from spawn?? I also have an idea for traveling: go to the nether, make a passageway no far from spawn, use a minecraft rail and build something like 1000-2000 or 600-900 blocks, that should be pretty far. I will supply the iron if we do this transportation (also nether portal should be at the end of the minecart journey :D
  8. First of all, I will add you. Secondly, I am doing that exact same thing with the nether portal already, and third(ly), awesome.
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  9. I would like to help too. I have been in the wild on smp5 for quite some time now, so that's the server I am partial to. However Im open for anything.
  10. Okay, I will add you. :)
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  11. For reference, each block that you go in the REGULAR NETHER (Not wastelands) is equal to eight blocks in the overworld.
    E.x. 600 blocks in nether = 4,800 blocks in overworld
  12. I did know that, but thanks for the info. Good thing I dug out more than 2000 blocks in the nether then. :D
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  13. We don't have a lot of people, who else wants to join and help? ATM only some of us are working on this project, we neeed more dedicated workers
  14. I can offer my services and maybe donations, but I have a project and an outpost so I will try to squeeze in when I can.
  15. Alright, 8comimi will accept you soon
  16. We don't need a lot of people. :) we're not on a tight deadline. lol
    Anyone who is keen on this idea though, should join in. However much time you can contribute. Right 8comimi?
  17. I will add you if you want.
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  18. Yes, the more you contribute, the better! :) Even if you don't have to much time to work on it, it's always good that you are helping.
    Qwerty189 likes this.
  19. Interesting. I can help.