Problems joining the events........

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by King_Hardig, Mar 3, 2017.

1. I would like to try out some of these events sometime, but the problem being, I'm 52,000 blocks from the nearest spawn. It takes me 3 1/2 - 4 hours to get to where I'm at. The best part of this site is they write their own scripts and it's very family oriented. That in itself makes it very unique. I only wish they would come up with a way to warp from saved point to saved point. I haven't been to my town home in many months, just for that reason. That I would have to say is the only spoiler about EMC. If I am missing something that others do, that I don't know about, someone please inform me.....so my time at emc can be more enjoyed to the fullest.
    Thank you for your time,
    best regards,
    King_Hardig
    607, ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Well to make travel time quicker. You could build a nether rail from your outpost to the spawn outpost in the nether. That should cut time down to a few minutes.

Also the events are not always on the same server. You can go to another smp to partake in the events.
  3. What /smp is your outpost on?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Thank you! If I go to another server for an event, when I come back to this one, Does it return me to where I am 52,000 blocks from the smp9 spawn? Lol it would take me months to create a nether rail but thanks for the suggestion. "nether rail" vs. "warp" see the difference? ;) Thanks for your response. :D
  5. Yes you'll stay exactly where you are when you switch from /smp9 to /smp1 or which ever. Most events are not on 9 so you should be able to make a lot of them. I know what you mean about the teleporting. We will get that option once Empires update is released. You'll be able to spend your tokens to get that perk for your established outpost. Build the Nether rail for now.
  6. Okay! Thank you very much for your time and effort in explaining all that to me. Have a great day and stay positive. Cheers! :D
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and AhsokaTower like this.
  7. Even though it may take a long time to build a nether rail, it would save time in the long run
  8. To add to the previous posts: this is why it can be very useful to play in the Frontier on another server other than your own. This allows you to switch between Frontier and town by merely going back and forth (/smpx, /smpy where x & y are numbers of course).

Of course: do keep in mind that this won't transport your items! (I missed out on this above, that's why I posted). You can use /vault to bring items with you across servers (costs 10r to open, after the first use it'll be free for approx. 5 minutes), however: /vault can only be used in town and not in the wilderness. The use of /vault becomes free once you gained 5 (or more) vault pages.

And finally: if your outpost (your area in the Frontier) is established (for more information on that please follow this link) then there might be good news! There is no official word yet, but rumor has it that we'll eventually be able to teleport from established outposts. It will probably be a service which can be paid for using Tokens.

But: as mentioned above, all this is pretty much rumor and hearsay at the time of writing.
  9. I agree with you. Thank you kindly. :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Thank you very much. This is very informative. I do appreciate it very much. Thank you totally. :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Not really you are only going to be digging 6500 blocks in the nether doesn't take long at all. :)
    Equinox_Boss and King_Hardig like this.
  12. Ah okay I see. Thanks! half the blocks in the nether. :) May I ask is it best to go high or low in the nether, or does it matter, either is the same?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. The distance in the nether is 1/8 the distance in the overworld. And the safest is the top of the nether.
    Equinox_Boss, King_Hardig and 607 like this.
  14. if ur going 2 the nether then be careful for netherhounds! they can quickly kill u, most ppl hate them.
    Equinox_Boss, King_Hardig and 607 like this.
  15. lol oh yes! I see that now hehe, "1/8" Thanks! To the top it is. Thanks again. :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. okay, thanks for the information. Hopefully I will avoid them. :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. That's not rumor, that's been confirmed for years :p
  18. lol thx for the info.
  19. when I type "/buildmode" and lay blocks, when I lay rails on the blocks are the rails protected as my blocks are or do I need to encase my rails with blocks??
  20. Yes the blocks/rails are protected. When you use /buildmode it protects everything except water and lava.
    King_Hardig likes this.