Pricing Inquiry for deepslate emerald ore

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by Zomberina, Sep 18, 2021.

1. So, anyone got a ballpark price on this? What would the auction rules be since it's so rare?
  2. How rare is it? I have half a stack, but that took quite some time to gather. I'd sell some, but I have no idea what price it should be? I find it at a lower rate than regular (stone) emerald ore. About a 5:1 ratio of stone to deepslate if just collecting surface ores. If I strip mine out all the deepslate in mountain biomes it's more like a 3:1 ratio of stone to deepslate.

So I suppose you could 2x or 5x the price of emerald ore and possibly set the price even higher than that to reflect how little is currently in circulation?
  3. It's supposedly the rarest block now. And won't be obtainable when 1.18 comes out.... So that's why I started this thread
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  4. None in circulation yet as far as I know
  5. Why won't it be available in 1.18? That would change things a lot!
  6. Looking at the wiki, are they going to change the generation to be more common at higher Y levels? Which means it's super unlikely to generate down where there's deepslate?
  7. From the economy standpoint, would really just depend how many are in circulation at the time when they become no longer available.

10 stacks? 50 stacks? 75 stacks?

It's not particularly a pretty block, more just a collectible, so hard to ascertain. But, if I had to guess based on promo prices, anywhere from 5k-20k each. Certainly more valuable than a beacon, but probably not more than a run-of-the-mill promo.
    LindenNZ and Zomberina like this.
  8. My thoughts too
  9. I have already started buying the deepslate ores at double the regular ore price. [Still trying to assess copper value. Copper will flux for a bit I suspect.] Until I got to emerald..... cause :eek: I got nary a clue either. Sounds like triple the price of ~1200r is really a good price to have it at. and ~1600r might be a likely price if the 1.18 generation holds true -> which would also crash the emerald ore price to current diamond level. There is my 2 cents imput.

Need an Economics Consultation Stat !! Just tell us what to do :p

**And I nominate one of you fine folks (that might have some time) to send off a query directly to the auction admins for a determination on the auction rules, as they will have to exclude it from the regular 9 stack rule.
    DrasLeona247 likes this.
  10. Is there much of a market for the other deepslate ores. I've gathered a fair bit but had started ignoring iron, coal and redstone as I already have so much. But if others want to buy it I can grab it and bring it back.
  11. I sell a lot of copper ingot more than anything. A few diamond ore. The rest not so much since they're common atm. Once 1.18 hits that will change so keep stockpiling
  12. I think emerald ore will go higher than that to be honest. Diamond ore is fairly easy to come up with and you get 2 - 6 blocks at a time. I'm already going to probably put my emerald ore at 2k to start selling now.
  13. Interesting thoughts.
    As far as diamond goes you are correct. My experience mining has been that the veins are mixed with some regular diamond and some deep diamond. Seems I have already sold a stack or 2 and I am under priced and will adjust shortly (have only been out mining ocean ravines a dozen times as far as my observations go, if that makes any difference)
  14. From what I can gather about 1.18 (if I've got it right) is that the ores that will become very rare in deepslate are: iron, copper, coal, and emerald.

Gold, lapis, redstone, and diamond will still spawn at deepslate levels.

How is EMC going to handle the change to extended depth Y levels? That could cause some really weird chunk borders in the frontier?
    Zomberina and FadedMartian like this.
  15. Another very good point.... Maybe devs will toss in their two cents... My thing is..with as rare as emerald ore is now.. do I have to really get an sc worth to auction it off???
  16. Now, as for the auction rules:

Here's the concern with changing the requirements for emerald ore, in my mind. Minecraft blocks are meant for building, primarily. Collecting of Minecraft blocks isn't a normal or expected activity on EMC. That's why you don't see any blocks in the exception list, currently. (Excluding beacons, they're not really a "block" as much as a utility item.)

This isn't as simple as adding an item to the list. What about other ore blocks? I can't say that 9 stacks of regular emerald ore is an expected amount to have. There are probably other blocks in recent/future updates that we could argue for a lower limit for. Especially with the changes coming in 1.18.

Then the question becomes, well should these blocks be 1 item auctions? Why would you need to auction 1 deepslate emerald ore? These aren't promos or utility items, it's a block. I don't think EMC is in a position to support the treatment of MC blocks as special items. This would be a large policy change that would complicate auction rules for items that even with these changes wouldn't be auctioned very often.

Of course, I'm interested to see an alternative point of view others in the community may have ;)
    Zomberina likes this.
  17. Oh, I agree, one item auctions should only be for the customs imo. Just wonder if a dc of emerald ore is even realistic for auction, let alone sc. XD As an economy server, to me anyway, I think it isn't unusual to collect blocks if they're rare.
  18. Oh! Those are the old rules - a while back we dropped the limit to 9 stacks to auction. So you only need 9 stacks of this to have an auction, not a sc/dc