[Preview] The EMC Society

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Olaf_C, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Hello everyone!

I would like to thank an anonymous donor for a 500k donation!

Also, there has been great progress on the future headquarters! I am planning to release the preview images soon, and then build it shortly after that! When it is opened, we will be officially open for your charity!
  2. I proudly welcome Luckypat to the founders team!

xHaro_Der has been given a new position as our head of Contests and Giveaways :)
    xHaro_Der, 607 and Luckypat like this.
  3. But founder means you originally created it, right? Or do I not get the definiton of that?
  4. Welcome to the team, Pat who is lucky. :)
  5. You are correct! Right now, we are in a development phase. While the Society was originally founded by highlancer54 and I, it never became a true concept. The group of 9 I call founders (which includes myself) are the people who will help build a foundation for the society, and bring it to glory :)
    607 and deathconn like this.
  6. To Add to the new Member, I have been working on some Logo's for The EMC Society, and we will be happy to release it as soon as we can. We will also be working to try and get a Map art of it as well.
    607, deathconn and Olaf_C like this.
  7. It is long overdue, but this is the first fiscal report for the EMC Society.

This is currently an estimate, and only includes donations since we made this thread. This does not include the other millions of donations from the previous EMC Society, Marlin Co, or any of my private endeavors.

Not including promos, which is worth dozen's of millions, our current budget is at 4 million! We have already donated almost 3 mil to a variety of projects! Some smaller donations have not been included.

When we officially open, the report will be detailed very accurately, but this is a good idea of what we do.

Our headquarters will be released soon, with a drop party! When that starts, a new thread will be released and things will begin to role, including FINALLY starting Project Greece.

The report can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/147NrEhKJM66Zz1iR3iS5sOkRvQDLIwoK9k3nC08S-KU/edit?usp=sharing
    xHaro_Der, FDNY21, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Well, I will certainly have to be a member whenever the society makes it's grand opening. I'm not quite sure as to wether I have sent in an application or not yet, so I hope I don't bother you with a second one :confused:
  9. Hello everyone,

I would like to say to start that the EMC Society is still going on. I know updates and progress have been slow, but this still lives on.

On a second note, I am handing down the project to my dear friends, luckypat and deathconn. These are two wonderful members of the community who I know will take good care of the society.

Because of my olympic training, job, school, and upcoming operations, I do no longer have time for EMC. An official thread will be posted about my leave, but for now, this is a 1 month notice. Over that time I will mold the society into a set image, and help move projects along.

If for some reason the society encounters projects, I will help strongly forward Project Greece as well as The EMC Society.
    FDNY21, 607 and deathconn like this.
  10. We try to avoid paying for contractors, as in house is free and usually takes less time. We have some established team already :)
    xHaro_Der, Zikko, 607 and 2 others like this.