[Preview] The EMC Society

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Olaf_C, Jun 6, 2015.

1. I am Joining the Group. I will try my best to help the Community, I even have some small upcoming projects that will be built for the public in the wild and nether, as well as some shops that will lower the prices of some items.

I will be taking a seat on the Founders Thanks to Olaf and the crew. As many of you know, I am the builder on smp6. I have several Non-Profit Builds on here. I even have a new 6 res Museum that is coming to smp6 in-front of spawn in the next few months.

If anyone is unhappy with our services or any of mine, feel free to contact us Via PM and we will try to fix the problem.

I will do my best to be open as much as i can. I am in my 2nd semester of College at the moment, but I am sneaking on when i can.
    Olaf_C and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  2. I hope to join the group this seems like a good project and a good thing for the community.
  3. I will let you know when it is time to purchase memberships :). If you would like to apply for founder, shoot me a pm to start the interview process. I have my reasoning for this method.
    L3A8 likes this.
  4. Bump! I should have fast wifi in a few hours for the interviews for founders :)
  5. Sounds great! Maybe I will donate a lot of something.
    Are there restrictions on stuff I can donate, like only SC's and DC's?
  6. Sorry for not seeing this earlier. It depends on the type of item. SC's and DC's are great for building materials and materials of lesser value, but that rule does not apply for valuable items (gems, ingots, enchants, promos, etc.) :)
  7. Bump! I am working on a headquarters, and a series of farms to help fund the society :)
  8. We are done looking for founding members! After talking with a member and contemplating with myself, we decided that 12 was just too many. Right now, we have a group of 9, and we have a wait list if any of those members quit. Do not fret! There will always be more memberships, and those people have powers similar to those of founding members (they just have to come through us to do the same things).

This is the complete list with rankings
    • Olaf_C (President and head of management)
    • highlancer54 (VP and Asset Manager)
    • hashhog3000 (founder and SSSS co-manager)
    • mman2832 (founder and SSSS co-manager)
    • cadenman2002 (founder and SSSS co-manager)
    • finch_rocks_1 (founder and Frontier project manager)
    • eviltoade (founder and Assistant Asset Manager)
    • Kyzoy (founder)
    • xHaro_Der (founder)
    cadenman2002, 607, AmusedStew and 3 others like this.
  9. Bad news, guys. I need to get a new new new computer. I am not getting an HP laptop, and everything else is out of price range for similar specs. I won't be able to play or post much until I can save up for a new computer :(
    deathconn likes this.
  10. Why not get an Asus Laptop, I love them, as i am a Asus person and have a lot of very good reviews,
  11. I have had very poor experience with Asus. I do not trust them for their laptops. Computer parts are different, but still.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in building a res, let me know. I am not going to be able to build a res.
    Kytula likes this.
  12. What type of residence are you needing? I wouldn't mind getting a little more building experience under my belt.
  13. I can build one just atm I have exams all week so I will be on and off. So not the best time.....
  14. Bump! This is still going on. I will release a financial report at the end of the month :)

We are working on four projects right now, and more information will be released soon :D
  15. Bump! I have contacted a builder about building our first res on utopia! I am happy to announce a large donation!

Earlier this year, I won a dragon egg from cadgamer101. I sold it for 2 mil very recently.

This entire 2 mil will be going towards the society, and will be registered as a donation under cadgamer and 820327. We also just got a 200k donation from nick_g0doy, the original GSA winner and a player who inspired this program!

On a separate note, we have some more exciting news! We hope to start a new Senior Member rank, for those who have missed out on the founder opportunity. We also will be implementing a policy limiting how much rupees a non-profit can request. Non-profits with no ties to the society can get a maximum of 50k (this number is not set in stone), and those with members in the society can get a maximum of 100k. Those with senior members can get more funds under certain conditions. More details will come :).
  16. Bump! We will be working on our first major in house project! For more info, visit http://emc.gs/t/54584
    deathconn likes this.
  17. I would like to welcome deathconn to the founders group! I cannot wait to work with him to help grow the society :)
    607, deathconn and FDNY21 like this.
  18. Bump! I will have some internet access to check the forums, but other than that, I will be offline for a while. Shoot me a pm if you need me!
  19. I am back from vacation! I will soon be finding a location for Project Greece :)

Lots of news will be coming up soon, as well as details regarding our official grand opening :D
    607, deathconn, Kytula and 1 other person like this.