Post-it Note Art

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by JDHallows, Jun 4, 2020.

1. I’m not able to provide context for this at this time other than these are completely unrelated and don’t necessarily mean anything in particular. Please enjoy my artwork.

2. Love that drawing of Krysyy ;) 2nd from the left on the top. New forum avatar for sure :D
  3. beautiful
    you've almost got the ellipses right

*annoying art student braggart*
  4. Very interesting. I do wonder why the last one on the bottom is a warning.
  5. Mr. Hallows your art is beautiful may I commission you to draw me?
  6. Just think of all of the rupees.
  7. I should explain these drawings first.

Essentially, these were created in under 30 seconds, with no pre-planning. We were in a Discord VC and given a word at random and 30 seconds to draw it. What you see above are the results.

With that in mind, I have applied those same rules to your "commission" and tried to draw you in 30 seconds with as little pre-planning as possible. Here is the result:

Bosoc, 607, Joy_the_Miner and 5 others like this.
  8. I love them! Such a range of items... you should use the order to write a story :rolleyes:

I do post it note doodles at work! But because I work in a dirty laboratory (nothing is allowed to leave it without disinfecting/sterilisation) - I can't take my doodles out... so I scanned them :p

(The post it notes were yellow but the scanner wanted to change that :( )
  9. Sassy's doodles are really something for 30 seconds of work and I can kind of see a story in them but Anon, those go a bit beyond a doodle.
  10. Honestly what patience you have to be able to do Mandalas by hand! I have designed some but only by using an app on my iPad (They're still great tho)
    Tried to do one by hand the A R T S T U D E N T way (for an assignment) by drawing intersecting lines but boy did I lose patience like immediately
    SassyHallows and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  11. Cool! What were they posted to?
    SassyHallows likes this.
  12. I tend to draw them in meetings (currently all via skype because of social distancing :p) - they're really the only things I can draw these days :confused: As long as you start small and work out from the middle, mirroring the design on all sides, it can lead to some sweet looking patterns!
  13. I do doodle a lot though. I don't necessarily do Mandalas but my doodles are close to that. This is the stuff I usually do when I'm idling at my computer and I don't really know what to do next or I'm waiting for something

And a realism one as a bonus. I really need to work on faces, they're so difficult for me