Possible guardian bug?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Talechaser, Jun 9, 2017.

1. I came across an ocean monument in the frontier and decided to explore it, but I soon discovered that to be an impossibility when I started getting attacked by the guardians. Their attack was not a single beam of energy that then turned off, but was rather a many overlapping beams that didn't stop. I was dead in seconds even with max gear. Distance or obstacles made no difference once they locked on. Trying to leave - the beam would follow me far away. Putting blocks in the way - the beam just shoots right through them. Setting my difficulty to 1 didn't change anything.
  2. Experiencing the same thing. Beam graphic continues through blocks (but not damage.) However, while you are in line of sight, the attack goes something like this: They cast the beam, but when it gets to the end of the channel, instead of taking one hit, you continue to take hits every tick (you'll die in probably ~10 seconds in god armor, from a normal guardian.) The range on it is insane, I couldn't get it to break at all from distance, only LoS. Working around a monument is pretty much impossible, these fellows do more damage than any of the bosses as they are.
  3. we call that god mode
    Lady_Eliza likes this.
  4. I spent the better part of a day recovering my gear as well. I had even gone so far as to craft a second set of diamond armor and waited for cool down changed my ps to 1 (couldnt set it any lower), and then i had two sets of armor to recover :/
  5. This is definitely not normal.
    Mob_Meal likes this.
  6. Lady_Eliza and TuckerAmbr like this.
  7. Thanks for the reports. I'd just like to confirm that the fix should go out with the next the update.
  8. I can't get my stuff near an ocean monument at my outpost :(
  9. If anything important is needed around an ocean monument. A senior staff would be able to help you. Only as needed please.
  10. Can you help me retrieve my shulker box, and my sword please
  11. I have picked up the items and delivered them :)
  12. I had the same problem at my guardian farm last night. Surrounding glass is not complete & they would lock onto me. Beam stayed even when hiding behind objects (but no damage). Then when you get damage it is like constant repetitive hits. Also, the guardian would not flow down in the water or move at all once it was locked onto me. Even when I hid behind blocks.
  13. I never knew guardians could have kill-aura. You gotta make sure those hostile mobs ain't cheating :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.