[Poll?] What is the silliest (but fun!) thing you did on EMC?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Jun 15, 2017.

?

Have you been a silly boy/girl on the Empire?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2017.
YES! 16 vote(s) 48.5%
I'm not sure. What counts for being silly? 6 vote(s) 18.2%
Now this is just silly. 1 vote(s) 3.0%
I'll have you know that I know someone from the ministry of silly walks! 1 vote(s) 3.0%
NO! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I'm from SMP8, I have a valid excuse for being silly! 9 vote(s) 27.3%
Other (please share!) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hi gang!

This forum needs a bit more action if you ask me!

Now, I've done some crazy stuff over the years myself but right now I'm talking about those things you did for no other reason than because you could. Didn't even have to serve any purpose ;)

Last year (I believe) Krysyy held an event in the wasteland. Well, either her or another senior staffer (I honestly don't remember). I do remember coming across the area by accident (somewhat): I spotted a weird area on the livemap and I got curious and looked it up. Was kind of cool too. The surrounding area was awesome, it was easy to see why staff picked that specific spot.

Then Aya comes along, also likes the area and we build a small mining outpost (mining cave). But it did leave one problem: going back to the outpost was kind of hard to do (also because of the roofed biomes and all).

SO... I grabbed my voters pick (I love that thing) and I started digging. And I dug, and dug... <insert more digging comments here> and eventually I dug away a 2k+ long tunnel (4x3) right to said small outpost from the EMC outpost. I think it was kind of silly (took me a few hours) but it became quite satisfying when I started noticing other players using my tunnel to dig out stuff for themselves (NOTHING beats seeing your efforts getting put to good use in my opinion!).

Of course, we need a poll too :D
    cubefragment, Curundu and EnderMagic1 like this.
  2. Flying your elytra into a one block tall gap backed against a wall, and lining up with 2 of your friends for a photo shoot whilst you all have redstone lamps for heads.
    Ryan_A_ and ShelLuser like this.
  3. And a small bump :) Have to "fight" them auction threads afterall.
  4. Not sure if this is silly...

I find small Islands deep in the wild and build small houses on them and start farms. Only I never plan to return, cause they're deep in the wild and I never right down coords. :eek:
    ChespinLover77 and 607 like this.
  5. Oidking and Oidgod had set up a little base just outside the reset area in the SMP7 wild. I walked out there while they were there and they let me join. I then spent the next several weeks rebuilding and improving it as it was habitually griefed, sometimes totally destroyed on a practically daily basis. That was silly.

Eventually I got tired of it and went out a ways into the wilderness to Join Zulu9 and his Jungle Outpost (later renamed the LLO).
  6. Funny you say that, because I always remember to do that - it's when I have to left down co-ords that gets me.

(This is a horrible, poorly executed joke but it's 1:30 in the morning and I'm not letting social and comedic etiquette get in the way of my good time.)

I guess the silliest thing I've ever done on EMC is start religious debates.
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  7. It was a nice day on SMP7 and somebody (Not mentioning their name unless I have their permission) wanted to turn smp7 into bears. I agreed with this idea. So when JD got on we decided to turn him into JD the Pooh. Now that is silly (I counted this because I was involved)
  8. The funniest thing i did on emc was getting stuck on the roof of nether. I did the standard minecart and enderpearl trick. But when i tried, the code that is supposed to teleport the payer back down glitched out, and every game tick, tp'ed me back to where I started, making me unable to move on top of the nether for half an hour before I decided to ask a mod to tp me down.
    607 likes this.
  9. I don't know actually...
    I of corse am silly little Jelle, so i did do a few funny things... I think, looking back, the most silly thing is that I had a "farm" shop for the first two/ three years of playing emc. But, being really bad at redstone those days, I didn't have any sort of automatic farm, so, I went out every day to restock my shop with hand farmed pumpkinds, melons, suggercane, wheat...
    607 likes this.
  10. That's not silly, that's the proper way! :D
    Jelle68 likes this.
  11. Well... yeah... do you know the kind of rates you can get with auto farms? :p
    Annyways, it nowdays actualy made me think of something I find really interesting. We can't track where an item comes from, right? well, what if we would? and what if the value whoud in- or decrease due to the place it came from (like real life) would the value of an item increase if it would be hand farmed? Would that mean that all items I farmed those days whould now be really valueble, becuase they're old and hand-farmed, how many of those items have been lost/used?
    Actually, there is one kind of item that kind of does tell us, our heads, we know from who it came. Wich makes it really fun to, like me, sell your heads really quite often, but only to people you'll remember or in quantities you'll remember (I once sold a full DC of jelle68's heads in an aucion) to look where they end up. All jelle68's heads going around those days are 1 year+ old. and I have never ever donated my haed to anyone/ any museum (well, to FDNY's) but every big head museum I know of alredey has my head. So they actually are going around...

anyway, getting slighty off-topic here...
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  12. Yeah! That's an interesting thought!
    I've got to admit, I don't stock my shop anymore nowadays, as I hardly ever play. But I have, out of principle, never stocked my shop with automatically harvested goods!
    Something that does work like this nowadays: coal. There's a difference between mined coal and coal achieved through smelting wood. And I've seen people auction a DC of mined coal specifically as opposed to charcoal, implying that it does have added worth. :)
  13. Well the silliest thing I have done on EMC. :rolleyes: Was to build the PWU on SMP 7, now I have to fix it every-time something breaks. :p But someone had to do it. ;)
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  14. Well, I happen to be in a bad habit of spleefing everyone at Miner Mania and placing blocks on top of them. Its really fun actually XD
  15. Charcoal cannot be crafted into coal blocks, which is where most of coal's worth comes from, especially since it is still the nicest black block in the game until 1.12 is released.
    607 likes this.
  16. Silliest thing I've done? Hmm...
    Well probably either trying to sell pink would for a crazy price (was around when i first joined and had no idea of the regular price, also think it was around 500r :eek:)

Or a bit more recent one, got this from the YouTuber Mumbo Jumbo on his newest Minecraft life hacks video. Now me being such a trusting person wanted to try out one of his life hacks in which he said if you threw wet sponges into lava they would dry automatically... although I'm still a little sad over losing my beloved sponge (bob, punpun) it's a little silly that auctually believed that... xD
    ShelLuser, TomvanWijnen and Jelle68 like this.
  17. You actually beleved that? :p oh, I didn't realise people would actualy do that, well, I hope you learned :p
    Zrugite, ChespinLover77 and 607 like this.
  18. Ah, that's interesting! I didn't even know that!
  19. I once discussed what would happen if there was an enraged ghast that played darude sandstorm when it spawned with the spawn message "You hear a slight rave in the distance" very few people will understand lol
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  20. lol I did that with the sponges too :D I was lucky that I only tried it on a test world though...
    ChespinLover77 likes this.