[Poll] The GRIP aftermath: forum or Excel?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Apr 13, 2019.

?

How should GRIP share their expenses?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2019.
Using the forums 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Sharing an Excel sheet 2 vote(s) 25.0%
I don't care either way 0 vote(s) 0.0%
What's GRIP? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Shell smells funny ;) 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Other (please leave a comment below, thanks!) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hi gang!

Disclaimer: in case you read this and suddenly wonder: "isn't he taking this stuff a bit too seriously?" then don't worry: you're right, I am :)

GRIP is disbanding. If you don't know about GRIP then I welcome you because then I think you're a relatively new player and you're exactly what EMC needs right now. Hope you're having a great time on this great server.

For those who do remember... GRIP was a community effort and because of that we held scores. All donations and expenses could be accounted for, something I deemed necessary because we're sitting on community funds and stocks. Sure: technically (= the letter of the EMC rules) all this stuff is ours. But that's the kind of game I refuse to play.

SO....

The issue at hand

GRIP is disbanding and we're going to use our resources to benefit the community. One current goal is right here. But I also want to continue with the transparency: make it plain out clear for everyone to see where our stuff is going to (especially with the rupees) and (optionally) to who.

Since this is a community issue I figured I'd ask the community about how we should do this :)

How do you think we should share our statistics?

Thanks in advance for your votes!
    607 likes this.
  2. I'd vote 'Excel', but why not share the link to it on Google instead? Then people wanting to see it wouldn't have to download and upload it first. This is assuming that more people use Google than there are people that use Microsoft Office, but I think that isn't an assumption uncalled for, as Google is free, while Office is not.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Good point! In the end I'll probably share multiple options, also because it's relatively easy to convert data between formats. Still.. could become an interesting poll anyway (or so I think).
    607 likes this.