[Poll] R6: Siege Thing/Story/FF/Whatever

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by fluffinator09, Oct 2, 2018.

?

Refer to bottom of post for questions

Q1) Traditional, written out parts. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Q1) Screenplay 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Q2) Obsidian 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Q2) Outworld 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. So I have an idea. It's probably an awful idea that I should keep to myself. But I am kinda excited about the idea. I wrote a synopsis of sorts, but don't know EXACTLY what I want to do with it.

Outbreak: The first contact from another world. And boy, was it bloody. There was no war, exactly. But there was a viral pathogen that literally transformed anyone who contacted it into a mindless killer. Operation: Chimera was the code word for Rainbow 6’s containment, research, and eventual termination protocols of the virus. After 27 days of violence something was discovered. Someone, unaffected. This individual was not effected by the Outbreak as the others were. He had… evolved. When found by the operators known as Ash, Jaeger, and Lion, he was, quite literally, tearing the other infected apart with his bare hands. This was kept from the others at Rainbow, for a time at least. They tested him: mentally, he was faster and more accurate than Hawking and Einstein - combined, physically, he was faster and more powerful than anyone on the team. At one test, he punched through two inches of solid steel. He broke every bone in his hand and much of his arm, however, and would not be able to repeat this. However, he was an emotional and psychological nightmare. He did not remember his life before infection; could not even recall his own name. Doc finally came to the conclusion that his very DNA and physiology was altered by the virus, and Lion agreed.
    He was later identified as a Jackson Geller, a former IT professional at a local bank. He refused to be called by that name, for reasons unknown however. When he was revealed to the team in whole, he was basically adopted by them. They formed him into their ranks as a new operator, known only as Outworld (Obsidian is also being considered, those pre-reading for feedback, let me know which you prefer). He had no specialization, beyond his extraordinary physical and mental abilities. He also refused to go back to any semblance of his old life, as his only family had been killed or infected during Chimera. After about three years of working under the Rainbow 6 unit, Outworld was approached by Thermite about taking over running of the unit. He accepted on the spot, seeing this as a new challenge to himself. Many questioned the reasoning, and even the outright sanity of Thermite’s action. He basically refused to give any reasoning beyond the fact that he knew something that no one else, Outworld included, knew. This piece of information actually angered many of the operators, and Thermite quieted them during one meeting with the word, Invasion.
    This took them all aback and confused them, well, all but one. Outworld took one second to calculate, then bolted out the door. He went missing, totally off the grid, for over 48 hours. When he returned, he refused to tell anyone where he went apart from Thermite and Rainbow’s Oversight Committee at the United Nations. After a lengthy discussion, that lasted close to 12 hours. The discussion ended with Rainbow having a new leader, in Outworld. The general consensus was that he was going to fit well, but many were worried about his general lack of training and psychological report from Doc. Six months later, their worries were basically erased. He was practically unstoppable in the field, and tactically, no one could outmaneuver him. His only ‘slipup’ was caused when an unknown C4 explosive broke the leg of Zofia when clearing a terrorist safehouse in Zanzibar. This was chalked up to general risk of the job and did not impact his standing with anyone, including Zofia.
    After returning from a mission one night, Outworld called every operator currently at the Rainbow 6 Headquarters, known as The Den unofficially, to make an announcement, and this one was more surprising than Thermite’s 6 months ago.

So I am putting it to a general vote.
    ONLY SELECT ONE FOR EACH QUESTION PLEASE. If people are incapable of something like that,
    I will restart with a different medium.

Q1) What form should this story take place?
    Q2) What name should I run with for my main character?