[Poll] My Next Public Member Event

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Gaming_Comander, May 4, 2019.

?

Which of my Public Member Event ideas do you want to see happen first?

Horse Race w/ Track 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Boat Racing Course with a functional racing track 0 vote(s) 0.0%
EMC Friendly Feud 3 vote(s) 100.0%
SMP-Wide Scavenger Hunt 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Comande's Crazy Course 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Howdy y'all! So, for a while I have been striving to find new, innovative ideas to keep players excited about PME (Public Member Events) by taking a fresh and unique take rather than doing my own Build Battle or Midnight Miners etc. Some of my events have been pretty good and had many players show up (Toade Talk and EMC Winter Games) while some....not so much (TNT Maze) However, I have recently found myself stuck as to what idea I want to do next. Sure, I have the Forum Game, All for Anarchy as well as the upcoming Jeopardy events coming up this summer but lack of Rupees and Ideas still happen to be the major cause of not knowing what else to do, and if I do an event now I need to know what players would be most interested in attending. Which is why I have created this poll to show six of my ideas for events that you all may like. A description of the 5 events will be listed here:

Horse Race:
    Similar to the Kentucky Derby, players bring their own horse to a racing track, which will be built on a residence. 15 laps around the track will need to be made, and it's not as simple as running around a dirt course. There are several obstacles in the track that may slow your horse down, so its anyone's game. The top 3 players will gain rupee prizes and the 1st place winner will also obtain an undisclosed promo. It's a short but sweet event that may increase player competition as well as increase player strategizing, so as to avoid the incoming obstacles.

Boat Racing Course with a functional racing track:
    Also known as 'EMC Double Dash!' this event contains player cooperation as two players are forced to be in a boat together and race against other players as they make their way to the finish line. This event will take place in a frontier, as the racing track that is required is far too big to be built on a residence. The reason being is that like the Mario Kart games, there are several 'secret' routes a player can take to obtain the lead. The problem with these routes is that they can either speed you up or slow you down. As you can tell, this event will require the three types of ice block as well as regular blocks to slow players down. Like the Horse Race, this event will also have rupee prizes given out to the top 3 teams with promos given out to the 1st place team.

EMC Friend Feud:
    Inspired by my upcoming Jeopardy games, EMC Friendly Feud is a take on Family Feud, where there will be a total of 10 players (5 on each side) competing against each other to answer a question, which was before hand surveyed by other players. The game then goes forward like a regular Family Feud game, where you try your best to guess the top choice for the survey question. The winners will receive 10k each with a chance to win an extra 5k in the bonus round. EMC Friendly Feud can go on based on how many players are in the audience, as everyone who is in attendance will be a participant. This idea requires strategizing, trying to figure out what other players would most likely answer.

SMP-Wide Scavenger Hunt:
    Similar to the one Eviltoade did a while back, this event requires players to find hidden 9 items around the frontier. Players will be given one week to find chests that contain a specially named block, and to prove authentication they will need to take a screenshot of where they found the chest. If a player can find all 9 items, they will receive 40k. If no one can find all 9 items, the top 3 players will receive rupee prizes. At the end, the locations of all the items will be announced and a leaderboard will be shown, revealing how far along everyone was.

Comander's Crazy Course:
    In this event I will create my own obstacle course, with twists and turns at every corner. If any of you remember 'Wipeout!' this follows the same idea, where players can fall and die and have to restart the course. Any one can participate as long as they agree to the terms and conditions of them dying. There will be rupee prizes to the first 3 to complete the event as well.

Let me know what you think of these events and tell me anything you'd like to add to any of them, as improvements are always welcome!
  2. The family feud and the scavenger hunt ideas sound fun, if you have the rupees (or get the donations) for a deal or no deal sort of game that could be cool.
    Gaming_Comander likes this.
  3. ah! Deal or No Deal! I like the way you think. Perhaps I'll add it to my list of possible event ideas! Thank you
  4. I also have this idea of building a monopoly board on a utopia res, if you want to collab on something like that let me know
    Gaming_Comander likes this.
  5. I think I certainly will! Both sound super fun (especially the Monopoly one)