[Poll] Do you (/have you) support(ed) the Empire?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Mar 4, 2017.

?

Do you/have you support(ed) the Empire? (iron/gold/diamond)?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2017.
Yes 43 vote(s) 91.5%
No 3 vote(s) 6.4%
I like pizza! 1 vote(s) 2.1%
  1. Hi gang!

Today marks me picking up some goodies and I'm already planning ahead for a mining session (more than one hopefully) on Utopia somewhere within the upcoming weeks. And that moment is always a bit special to me: I love the in-game PM with my goodies, I really like sorting them out (bulk buy FTW!) and I can't wait to see them activated :)

Out of all custom items I probably like the vouchers (vault/stable/support) the most.

SO, now I'm curious.

Do you support (or have you supported) the Empire?

Note: With 'support' I'm specifically referring to obtaining a supporter rank (Iron, Gold or Diamond). It doesn't matter if you got the voucher from the website or in-game, all that matters is that you got & used it.

Just to avoid confusion: think about it... You may not have paid with real money for the voucher yourself, by getting the voucher in-game you still made it appealing for others to get those vouchers (in this case to sell them). For me that also counts to supporting the Empire.

Why this poll?

I'm just curious.

But please note: a 'No' vote is not a negative vote. Because there are tons of other ways to support the Empire as well. I know of players who are nearly always enjoying quartz supportership yet who are also first in welcoming new players and trying to make them feel at home. That too accounts for something in my not so humble opinion :cool:
  2. I totally believe you :D
  3. I have never personally paid money to support emc. However, in the poll I voted yes, because I spent a TON of time during my time as a staffmember, and also a TON of time supporting the Empire by helping out people, providing a service with a well known shop since the beginning. So I guess that kinda counts, right?
  4. Officially (this poll): No.

But rules are sometimes meant to be broken, especially when the intent is still being pursued. And within that context: you definitely got it ra1n! Thanks for your vote!
    Equinox_Boss, JDHallows and bloodra1n like this.
  5. Y nobody likes pizza? :(

I have supported the Empire... I don't know... about 10 times.
  6. First can I say that this poll is skewed. I can't vote for both "Yes" and "I like pizza!"

Joking aside, I have supported EMC in the past. I actually did my supportership kind of strangely, due to my ignorance at the time of how the system worked.

I actually paid for Iron for one month, to test out the supporterhip. Then, I moved to Gold because I figured that was the next "step up" and I wanted an extra residence. That month I then learned "how" supportership worked, and the next month I bought Diamond supporter for the 4 residences. Lets just say, I wish I had your Guide on Supportership back then :p

Another form of supportership to keep in mind is voting, too. Voting can make a big difference in supporting the Empire, so those of you with a voting streak, mark that poll with a yes! (Or "I like pizza!" that is a hard decision and I won't hold it against you if you mark that instead.)
    (Edit: Unless this skews Shel's results for the poll, then just put "I like pizza")
  7. I've had supportership, but it wasn't paid for out of my own pocket - rather, my mum's. So I guess I have.

That was a pretty long time ago - February 2012, and then for a bit at the end of 2013/beginning of 2014. I have my own bank account and source of income now, but I choose not to support. Mostly for the reason that I'm saving as much money as possible so that when I finish college in May/June 2018 I can go travelling, but also because I no longer have a reason to support EMC using actual money. Nor do I have a reason to support in the other ways you mentioned.

So, yeah... :p
  8. Yes, This accound has been a gold supporter quite a few days ago, my alt (MagnusMercrator) Has also been a gold supporter, both derectly paid with money.
    Also, all my accounds (4) have been Diamond supporter with supporter vouchers.
    ah, and if you wonder why my main has got 5 res's, that's becuase it has been gold before a certain date to become diamond after that date. (I'm talking about the days the way supporters work were different)
  9. I'm on that voucher grind rn
  10. I won Gold Supporter for free? Does that count?

nah i'll just buy some pizza
    AhsokaTower and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. ive used 160$ or so in EMC, although not my money(since i bought everything ingame)
  12. Been a supporter for about 2 years now - I buy my gold vouchers with irl money but diamond vouchers in game now
  13. I had Iron Supporter a long time ago. I don't typically spend money for subscriptions though unless it's WoW.
  14. I love this server.. more I love the community and mc so i still support emc by buying diamond every month.
  15. I bought gold once, maybe twice waaaaayyyy back in the day. Still waaaayyy back in the day, not long after supporter vouchers were released, I bought a diamond and three gold vouchers with rupees. I used all, except one, which I resold for three times the buying price. :p Then a while later I bought another diamond voucher using rupees, and used it, I believe. Then, starting a little under a year ago, I started acquiring the 8 diamond supporter vouchers (+ another diamond and another gold because I was stupid) ALL using rupees, to gain the residence space on my and Jelle's 8 accounts for our big project. A few months ago, this voucher buying was finally finished, and all residences were claimed. I've also done some supporter voucher trading (buying with rupees & selling later for more).

Overall, though I personally have only spent 10 or 20 $ on gold supporter(s), around $300 has been spent by others for me to give accounts supporter status. :) I'd love to be able to support some myself too, but because I don't have an income (yet), it's not very viable for me, unfortunately.
    Equinox_Boss, Jelle68 and AhsokaTower like this.
  16. I support when I have the money, and at the moment I can support for iron for an indefinite amount of time.
  17. I've spent rlm on this server. Let's see what I've spent. 6month iron, 3month gold, 2x rupees purchase, Derelict voucher, 5x Diamond. 1x or 2x Holiday Multi voucher bundle.
    Only twice will I have been a supporter without spending rlm. The first time I was given a 1 month Iron supporter from a friend. :rolleyes: Second time here I used rupees to get a 1 month diamond voucher that I have not yet activated.
  18. for some reason shelly always tries 2 copy my support status ^.^

but i support 2, imo emc = best server ever! :eek: