[Poll] Build over and build under limit!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MR2R2M, Jul 12, 2012.

?

Should we be allowed to build over at a height of 10 and under the road if we have side by side res'

Poll closed Aug 30, 2012.
Yes! 43 vote(s) 86.0%
No! (Why? - Post!) 7 vote(s) 14.0%
  1. Oh yes, good idea, I meant no to say Joe had 2 accounts JoeMC and JoeMC2. Joe does not support EMC, Joe cannot connect his residences.
  2. The way I see it, no differing height limits. Its the same perk. Just offer it to gold and diamond.
  3. While it would be a good perk, it's not only supporters that would use that. It'd be good for non supporters who are friendly with neighbours or may have an alt account...
    Glasi13 and MR2R2M like this.
  4. Very good point indeed. Does it really matter if non-supporters build out by two at 10?

Or maybe non-supporters can only build over at 32 and supporters at 10?
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  5. I'd suggest that anybody could build underneath too. After all, it's not going to be an eyesore if it's done everywhere since it's underground.
    ignoramoose and MR2R2M like this.
  6. 2012-07-13_09.24.43.png Heres the different height limits...

Possibly non-supporters at 32 and supporters at 10?
  7. If it happens, it should for everyone. I know several people who have two regular or a supporter and regular account etc.

I can completely see that it would be awesome to be able to edit the res throughout, or build a bridge over the road. My issue is that you can build your nice house on the edge of a res, and I can block your view, two blocks away from your window, with lava.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  8. Personally i believe this should not me a supporter only perk. This would benefit all of us.
    I would however like to suggest we raise the height from 10 to about 25/30 or more.

An open pathway between res is a very nice touch on emc that i dont want to lose.
    Also, i see no problem with letting people connect there res underneath. this will help friends runs stores and generally make the community grow a little closer.

Good ideas..
  9. How about, it's supporter only to build above but anyone can build under? That seems to compromise.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  10. The issue I see at 10 is, if you were to go all the way down the lot and connect both sides, that road is effectively useless. It's going to be a pitch black corridor between the res. I suppose that's sort of your right given that you own both sides of the road, but I think the higher limit gives a much cleaner look.

I like the idea though! And under res's shouldn't be an issue at all (other than coding possibly).
    ZellieB and MR2R2M like this.
  11. How about supporter for a height of 10 and non supporter for a height of 32?
  12. I agree however this will not happen all over the place and a height.of 10 would maximise ones ability to create an epic build. Am I wrong in saying that?
  13. It won't happen all over, you are correct, but it will happen in enough spots to be noticeable.

I completely agree that the 10 height would maximize the potential for builds, but at what cost? I'd rather have a slightly less epic build, a slightly higher connection level, and have roads, than have a dark 120 by 120 corridor system running between the lots.

I've you've got the 4 lots, you're a diamond supporter (duh I guess), so the 120 by 120 is already available to you on utopia.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  14. Good points, thanks for the feedback :)
  15. As I'm thinking of geting myself gold supporter this would be really cool!
    Glasi13 and MR2R2M like this.
  16. Well, is utopia as popular as the normal smp servers? No so that is why it would be nice to be able to do builds like this on an smp server :) Plus it is actually 124x124 on an smp server :p
  17. No problem. Thanks for taking them well.

I generally try to look at it from the perspective opposite mine. Obviously I would love to be able to connect the grid of lots i've (or we've) got, but a new player is going to be confused why the 12 lots next to them are all attached together.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  18. If it was decided that 10 was a reasonable height, perhaps the mod team would like to go round adding glowstone to the roads, or make it a ruling that all 'alleys/corridors' need to be well lit by the res owners
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  19. Another great point... though education from reading the guide let them know why there are res's like this. This info could be added to the guide.
  20. Maybe something like this need not be a perk- but a permission that you could apply for in a way. Submit your project idea to the powers that be, and then they can decide if they feel your build is appropriate, not going to be an eye sore, not going to ruin the flow of the empire roads, etc. At least for the over-road builds.

For underground, I don't think it unreasonable that this be available to everyone, it could function like a flag you set, each neighbor would give the other permission to build through the lot limit.