[Poll] 1.14

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jewel_king, Aug 2, 2019.

?

Take longer but be perfect 19 vote(s) 54.3%
Sooner with possible bugs 13 vote(s) 37.1%
Sooner with disabled features 3 vote(s) 8.6%
  1. Heya! Today while i was online i had a discussion with someone,

Would you rather

Have 1.14 Take longer And update perfectly

Have 1.14 come sooner with the possibility of bugs

Have 1.14 come sooner with some of EMC's Features disabled until they can be updated

Feel free to post your thoughts!
    xX_Pro5678_Xx and IceSnake like this.
  2. Have it Take Longer for perfect update (obviously)
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  3. It is always hard to wait for an update...everybody is excited to get the new features. Also getting an earlier update could mean new players would join more frequently/are interested/will stay.
    Though I prefer the way you went with the update to 1.12 - it took a while to get there, but it was worth the wait. I didnt encounter any (major) bugs on this server and this is way more important to me than having a bad gaming experience in my opinion.

I'd say: Devs, take your time. Make it as good as you can and as perfect as it needs to be.
    xX_Pro5678_Xx, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  4. I’d honestly want it ASAP cuz this is the main reason I kinda stopped playing emc due to the lack of new things to do there isn’t anything fun to do other than events I feel like emc needs this big update to come out and get everyone back into emc again as that has been the reason for many people who have left recently
    spartan0405 likes this.
  5. As I said in our little conversation, I would much rather see a quick update with bugs squashed as they were discovered.
  6. I rather see it go over with time :p It must not be rushed for time can make things better in my opinion.
    607 likes this.
  7. Not to be judgy, but WhAt Is Ur aV (Issa joke)
    thommylicious likes this.
  8. I personally don't, and never have, cared much for newer features. It's fine like this in my opinion, though I would have hoped that the developers wouldn't have to spend so much time on just a stupid update. I actually hadn't played 1.13 and 1.14 up until a few days ago. Playing on them was fun (lol I did a typo and accidentally type "dull" :p), I don't, in any way, see how these updates would be necessary to "restore the fun" in playing on EMC.

One factor that I didn't mention until now is the lack of new players. I guess I'd personally prefer to keep the old players happy and suffer from a decrease in new players, than let everyone have to deal with a mediocre quality of playing.
    4thOfJurhy, 607 and Jelle68 like this.
  9. Even though I haven't been on this server for nearly a fraction as long as other people have, I do understand both of the main opinions from this poll. Sure new features would bring in new players and reignite the experience of the server, but there is a certain peace of 1.12.2. It was the most nostalgic version of minecraft that was modern before the huge 1.13 and 1.14 updates. Though I also feel that it would be interesting to see how the economy adapts to the new updates, so I'm neutral on this.
  10. Personally, I don't even care about those later updates, if EMC wouldn't have changed updates, I wouldn't even mind. I like 1.12.2. I still play in it, also in singleplayer.

From a personal standpoint, the devs can take another year to bugfix and optimise everthing, though that may not be usefull for the server itself, which I am sure the devs care about too :p
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  11. Congrats on your first post! :)
    thommylicious and 4thOfJurhy like this.